Spurrier rumour, a 'Skins fans view | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spurrier rumour, a 'Skins fans view

Chrisbob

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
hello there Dolphin fans, I have seen and heard all these Spurrier rumours and thought I'd give you an unbiased view from a 'Skins fan.

Firstly, the only reason any 'Skins fans want Spurrier back next year is for the sake of continunity. If he gets sacked,Snyder will have big problems getting a new coach, if Spurrier resigns, different ball game, most 'Skins fans will like to see this.

Spuriers O doesn't work in the NFL because:

He does not take advatage of mismatches, niether does he gameplan, he just runs the same O every week. The aim of the fun and gun is to flood the weak spot in the zone. Doesn't work in the pros, D's are too good at disguising it! Look at when you played Dallas, what did you do, go after Mario Edwards, result, passing yards and TD's galore.....what do the Redskins do, allow Dallas to disguise their coverage, looks like Newsome is the weak area in the zone, result, ints all over the place and no points.

Spurrier also can't commit to the run, in college, he would use the pass to set up the run, in the NFL, he'll run a couple of times but D's won't respect it cos they know he won't stick with it.

To be fair, my Redskins have had a real bad time of it for years, but if Spurrier left to go to your team, most Redskin fans won't be sad, as it is, I think most of us regard this rumour as BS.

Spurrier would be happier in Florida I think, plus, the weather there suits his type of O, he could ,aybe make it work with you, sometimes, it's coaches 2nd job that brings success.

He would be just as bad as Wanny, maybe worse. And with all that talent on the Skins they still cant get it done. Sounds alot like the Fins.

good take, and welcome...here's my take:

the great coaches design their playbooks around the talent(don shula ran almost exclusively and played ferocious D during the 70's, lit it up through the air in the 80's and 90's)

spurrier seems like the kind of coach who is hellbent on forcing his sytem to work, regardless of who the players are

Spot on

spurrier seems like the kind of coach who is hellbent on forcing his sytem to work, regardless of who the players are

Spot on, I feel if Spurrier returns to the 'Skins next year it'll be more of the same.

if this is all happens to become true, i will be sick. i wouldn't even care about next season... i might not even watch games unless they're on TV (i go to a sports bar when they're not on TV).

JUST SAY NO TO SPURRIER.

Thanks for the insight dude. :welcome:

If the only replacement for DW is Spurier I would have to say I would rather keep Dave.

I'm open to Spurrier, but I think he's entering a world of pain as far as fan reaction would be. He is absolutely my bottom candidate, though. I'd far rather see the Dan Reeves era in Miami, for instance...

Back
Top Bottom