spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
Spyder’s picks for week 7

This year ATS: 16-11-1
This year upset picks: 4-1
This year locks: 4-1

Northwestern (-4) vs. Purdue

Purdue has lost three games in a row and is 0-3 ATS in those games. Other than a loss to an underrated Michigan State team last weekend, Northwestern has put up a lot of points at home.
My prediction:
Northwestern 24 Purdue 14

Florida State (-11) at NC State

I don’t bet on Thursday games or on my team but that doesn’t mean that I can’t say how great of a pick they are. FSU has the best offense and the best defense in the ACC while NC State is the ONLY team with a losing record in the entire conference. Factor in that Jimbo Fisher and FSU have to prove something in this game and you come to realize that it has to be a blowout. South Florida beat them by 31 at home, FSU should win by even more than that.
My prediction:
FSU 37 NC State 6

#9 BYU (-1) at TCU

I will be the first to say that BYU is a mediocre team with a very soft schedule but by the same token TCU isn’t good despite their 6-1 record. Their biggest accomplishment this year was only losing by 25 to Oklahoma while giving up over 400 in the air. BYU’s strength is their passing game and they will exploit TCU’s secondary.
My prediction:
BYU 37 TCU 21

#4 Oklahoma (-19.5) vs. Kansas

Oklahoma is pissed about last week and will come out with a vengeance at home against a slumping Kansas team. Kansas looked decent last week against Colorado but they’re simply not on Oklahoma’s level. Look for Oklahoma to hang at least 50 and for Sam Bradford to throw for at least 350 yards and 4 TDs. Also look for at least one scoring play from Oklahoma’s defense as Kansas will have a few big plays but won’t be able to keep up with Oklahoma scoring every time they have the ball. Also keep in mind that Oklahoma is 4-1 against the spread (lost last week) because they like to run the score up and they have something to prove to the pollsters.

My prediction:
Oklahoma 59 Kansas 21

Mississippi St (+7.5) at Tennessee and to WIN

I know that Tennessee looked impressive last week against Georgia and that they are a huge program while Miss. State is a perennial bottom feeder but in this game look for Miss. State to establish a ground game early and for Tennessee to struggle (only 1 rushing yard last week.) They managed to beat Vandy by controlling the ball and playing stout defense and I expect more of the same this week. The under will also be a good bet once released.

My prediction:
Mississippi St. 14 Tennessee 6

#1 Texas (-6.5) vs. #11 Missouri

Missouri won’t be able to keep up with Texas and Chase Daniel should be ready for a tough day in Austin. This is such an obvious pick that I’m making it my LOCK (4-1 this year) for this week.

My prediction:
Texas 42 Mizzou 17

Back
Top Bottom