St Clair deserves a starting spot!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St Clair deserves a starting spot!!!!!!

finsgonewild said:
people keep saying St Clair was mediocre. Last season he was one of the few bright spots on the offensive line. He gave up the least amount of sacks and helped us in the running game. Most of the running plays that were succesful were run on the right side. Everyone seems to pencil in McDougle in as our RT. He shouldnt be because St Clair clearly deserved his position in the starting lineup. People seem to criticize him even though he makes few mistakes. He also was one of the few players on the offensive line who had a passion to play. I think you guys will be suprised from what St Clair will do in training camp and so forth. He is a great player that gets no credit for how good he plays.

Given the play of our line, that doesn't speak too well for St. Clair. But I agree that he had arguably the best year of any of the guys on the line. Where he fits in with HH remains to be seen. I think that JJ suffered from lack of any support from the interior line. Big Mac spent the season recooperating from his ankle surgery and should be better this season. We have several candidates for RT. I like some of the things that Hadnot showed us though. The question is " Can SM pick up his play in the center ?"

I'm not too sold that he can...he should have shined this past season and that certainly didn't happen...maybe Wise and Wanny knew something by keeping Ruddy for so long...

Nublar7 said:
What I think should happen(probably won't) is to move St. Clair to Center. He played Center a little in college and while he was with the Rams. McDougle IMO is a better option then St. Clair at the RT position.

I totally agree. St. Clair didn't just play a little bit at center in college he was an ALL AMERICAN center coming out of VA. I think his problem is that both the Rams and Phins have seen his athletism and felt it is too good to waste at center. So they have tried to make a tackle out of him. He makes an OK RT but if they moved him back to center he could be well above average. The problem is if we do that our depth at tackle become nonexistent.

painnotpleasure said:
I think Stockar McDougle is going to be the bright spot of our offensive line this year. I was so happy that we signed him and think Houck will bring out his 1st round talent (that he was) and convert into solid production. The guy is HUGE! He's 6'6" 367lbs, just imagine what he can do with Houck coaching him... I personally think we have more talented players on our O-line that St. Clair, but that's just my opinion. If Houck feels that St. Clair is one of the Top 5 Offensive Lineman we have, than he will start coming this season. But... as far as our whole offensive line, I'd be very content with:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C- Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

I totally agree. with Houck's coaching, I'm hoping McDougle can havethe same impact on our line that Jamie Nails did his first year, i.e., DOMINATING!

Back
Top Bottom