Jamar Martin
Vick King
Avon Cobourne
Ben Moa
Brock Forsey
Heath Evans
Kay Jay Harris
? Rickey Williams

I have a feeling we wont be wasting any future draft picks for running backs this year! Who does he keep besides the obvious(brown, morris, KJ, and Evans)?

I'd say that Harris is FAR from an obvious keep.

He went undrafted for a reason guys.

Lamar Gordon is far more of a sure thing to make the team than him.

Brown is a lock, if Williams comes back he takes a spot, Evans is our only true H-Back since we don't use FBs, Gordon will keep his job as well. I could see two other backs between the HB and H-Back positions. If I'd have to bet it would be Kay-Jay and Morris.

I really hope Sammy Morris is retained..does anyone think hell be cut?

Jimi said:
I don't think so. I think Saban will move him back to the FB spot, but give him a lot of carries. I see this:

FB: Evans/Morris
RB: Brown/Gordon/Harris

New Era said:
Ronnie Brown
Travis Minor
Lamar Gordon
Sammy Morris
Jamar Martin
Vick King
Avon Cobourne
Ben Moa
Brock Forsey
Heath Evans
Kay Jay Harris
? Rickey Williams

I have a feeling we wont be wasting any future draft picks for running backs this year! Who does he keep besides the obvious(brown, morris, KJ, and Evans)?

I would like to see the follwing in the upcoming season:

Brown
Gordon
Morris
Martin
Evans and Harris can battle it out for a spot
and the final spot I believe will be taken by Ricky Williams.

I am seriously beginning to think that Williams may return now that he has seen the drafting of Brown and the addition of HH on the coaching staff. I wouldn't be surpised if Nick has made a deal with Ricky assuring him that he will not be driven into the ground as he was under Wanny. I'm not holding my breath, in fact, I won't even be disappointed if it doesn't happen.......but I will not be surprised to see Williams in a Phins uniform in the upcoming season. The only problem is, what kind of shape is he in and can he regain his previous form?

Nublar7 said:
I don't think so. I think Saban will move him back to the FB spot, but give him a lot of carries. I see this:

That looks about right, I think.

Nublar7 said:

That's how I see it even if Ricky comes back.

Jimi said:

Morris is a hard worker or at least it said so in last year's ESPN The Mag NFL season preview. He can play FB and HB which might come in handy and he fared well considering the circumstances last season.

FB = Martin/ Evans
RB = Brown/ Ricky/ Gordon/ Harris
Tweeneer = Morris

All we need is for Ricky and D-bo to come back and our Wr and Rb spots are all taken care of. We could have some real depth.

Back
Top Bottom