Stacked with Backs! / "Running Backs In Camp" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stacked with Backs! / "Running Backs In Camp"

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Stacked with Backs!

It appears that this years running game is the complete antithesis of the Phin running game of the past 2 or so decades. Are we now carrying 4 RB's and 3 FB's into Camp!?!?

I never would have thought that they would have signed Leonard Henry, but they did. This kid must have impressed. What is your take?

I meant to say 4 QUALITY RB's and 3 QUALITY FB's!

its nice to have quality depth at rb...i still dont understand the signing of abydejo...

The 'Fins will probably only carry three RB's and two fullbacks. I could see them carrying an extra body at one of those positions, but that player would have to impress on special teams in order to make the active roster. This should result in some interesting battles for backup roles at RB as R. Williams is solidly our #1 at half back and I'm fairly sure Konrad's solid at FB. It'll be fun to watch come preseason though. :)

My guess would be the pre-season schedule. With games so close I think the staff is concerned about overworking our key players and getting someone hurt. It would be nice to see someone step up and really make a difference, even if it is on special teams.

:) :D :)

signing Henry means nothing as far as carrying backs in the reg. season. You want to have at least 4 HBs in PS. Henry should at least make the practice squad.

As Wanne said Ayanbadejo will have to make the team as ST stand out

Yeah he is prob only signed for in case we get a FB injured he could be the first guy we call since he'd already know the plays and such a little bit.

"Running Backs In Camp"

I think the dolphins will keep all four running backs. We got Ricki, if somehting happens to him I think Robert can come in and be the everydown back. And you know what makes our depth on offense this year that much better is that we got Norv's system. His System just needs competent players because he puts everyone in the right positions. Minor fits perfectly for a change of pace back. And with Henry we need a young RB with talent that we can develop for the long run. With the rookie contract LH was given I doubt he would have received it if we knew he would not make the roster this year. I think it's a good thing that we brought in the extra FB because we are preaching competition, competition, and competition for all positions. Furthermore, I am so thrilled with our front office. I personally think Rick Spielman is the best in the business. I still cant believe how the **** he got the Saints to trade a RB of RW calibur. And now with the DG release look at the position we are in:

CAP RELIEF

With the release of Gardener and the restructuring of defensive end Jay Williams' contract Monday, the Dolphins have put themselves approximately $4 million under the salary cap.

That is an enviable place by NFL standards, and vice president of football operations Rick Spielman said it will give the team a chance to work on extensions for younger players.

The moves on Gardener and Williams saved $1.3 million against the cap.

Among players the Dolphins could target are fullback Rob Konrad, who will be an unrestricted free agent after this season, or offensive tackle Todd Wade, who will be an unrestricted free agent after the 2003 season.

The Dolphins are in position to sign all of their rookies, make final roster moves, set aside more than $1 million for possible injuries and still have money left over.

:eat:

Originally posted by dolphan39
signing Henry means nothing as far as carrying backs in the reg. season. You want to have at least 4 HBs in PS. Henry should at least make the practice squad.

As Wanne said Ayanbadejo will have to make the team as ST stand out

Wanny's high on Edwards also: Said the following in a interveiw

"Up to this point, you can't really tell Robert has had a major injury," said Wannstedt. "What a story it would be if he came back like he used to, huh?"

Wannstedt hopeful about RB Edwards' comeback

He also has the dolphins pick 7 in pre training camp poll

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom