Stadium Name Changing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stadium Name Changing?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where Huizenga is on re-naming the stadium? I understand him leaving it alone because the name is more truthful than almost all of the other stadium names Professional Players do play there. It's better than being the Levi's stadium or the Kinko's Stadium or Chuck E. Cheese's Playhouse. But I would like to see it eventually changed back to Joe Robbie Stadium even though I have read that he was a flaming a$$shole. I would like to see it changed to simply Dolphin's Stadium..because those ***gy Marlins are bound to leave soon and take they're injury inducing baseball diamond with them. Would yatil Green still be with us if it weren't for that damn thing?

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Does anyone know where Huizenga is on re-naming the stadium? I understand him leaving it alone because the name is more truthful than almost all of the other stadium names Professional Players do play there. It's better than being the Levi's stadium or the Kinko's Stadium or Chuck E. Cheese's Playhouse. But I would like to see it eventually changed back to Joe Robbie Stadium even though I have read that he was a flaming a$$shole. I would like to see it changed to simply Dolphin's Stadium..because those ***gy Marlins are bound to leave soon and take they're injury inducing baseball diamond with them. Would yatil Green still be with us if it weren't for that damn thing?

A deal is close with a cruise line BUT..the stadium can not be renamed because the stadium name lease has been listed as an asset for Pro Player which is in bankruptcy proceedings. The only way of getting a new name is if the either the Dolphins, the holding company for Pro Player Stadium or the new company would buy the lease out. Otherwise the lease would just run out. I think it is next year or the year after that.

Joe Robbie may or may not been an a$$hole but if not for him there would not be a stadium there since he financed it out of pocket. Without a stadium who knows if the Fins would still be here. I mean c'mon, we'd still be playing in the Orange Bowl!

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Joe Robbie may or may not been an a$$hole but if not for him there would not be a stadium there since he financed it out of pocket. Without a stadium who knows if the Fins would still be here. I mean c'mon, we'd still be playing in the Orange Bowl!

Well, the truth is...Joe did not really pay for it.

When you get public support you usually do it through "bonding". Essentially you pay the government back a portion of the money. Some will be financed through taxes (which in return will be tagged on somewhere to the public).

Joe financed the stadium through regular loans via banks and through the sale of suites and club seats (remember initially club seat season ticket holders had to purchase on a 10 year term).

The banks still get their payments. So while Joe R. did the "footwork" and invested some of his money he had the stadium largely financed. Much like you would through the county but at a higher interest rate.

Originally posted by FFiB

Well, the truth is...Joe did not really pay for it.

When you get public support you usually do it through "bonding". Essentially you pay the government back a portion of the money. Some will be financed through taxes (which in return will be tagged on somewhere to the public).

Joe financed the stadium through regular loans via banks and through the sale of suites and club seats (remember initially club seat season ticket holders had to purchase on a 10 year term).

The banks still get their payments. So while Joe R. did the "footwork" and invested some of his money he had the stadium largely financed. Much like you would through the county but at a higher interest rate.

This is partly correct JR did pay $12 million of his own funds.

"Joe Robbie Stadium, home of the Miami Dolphins, is renowned for being almost completely privately built. Joe Robbie put up almost $12 million of his own money and borrowed an additional $90 million from three banks."

The $90 million needed to be paid off. But the taxpayer burden of the stadium construction was limited to the land donated for the use of the stadium.

Originally posted by zachseau13

This is partly correct JR did pay $12 million of his own funds.

"Joe Robbie Stadium, home of the Miami Dolphins, is renowned for being almost completely privately built. Joe Robbie put up almost $12 million of his own money and borrowed an additional $90 million from three banks."

The $90 million needed to be paid off. But the taxpayer burden of the stadium construction was limited to the land donated for the use of the stadium.

I did say that he invested some of the money, didn't I?

Pro Player is a tight name. Much better than Cruise Line....I hope we keep Pro Player.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST

Give it a few years, it will be called, "FinHeaven" stadium.

Oliver...

lol XoPhinsoX...why not "ribbed for her pleasure stadium" ....haha, thats great.:mdfin:

Originally posted by FFiB

I did say that he invested some of the money, didn't I?

Yes, but your paragraph could be read as JR put up a de minimus amount, when in fact he parted with a significant sum of money.

Particularly, when you start with "Joe did not really pay for it."

Originally posted by zachseau13

Yes, but your paragraph could be read as JR put up a de minimus amount, when in fact he parted with a significant sum of money.

Particularly, when you start with "Joe did not really pay for it."

Excuse me if I hurt your heros feelings....

But here is my quote: "So while Joe R. did the "footwork" and invested some of his money he had the stadium largely financed. "

He paid 12 mill and the banks paid 90 mill. What is wrong with my statement?

My response was to a post which said that JR paid for the stadium which is utter nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom