Stand Fast! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stand Fast!

taylorj99

Starter
Reaction score
I see way too many threads saying we're done, we should get so and so, etc. I think we need to use the extra money to sign Ogun, CC, and McMichael to long term deals, and sign our draft picks. While I wouldn't mind getting Smith from Minn. or McGahee (if Barfalo was dumb enough to let him go), I'm not ready to mortgage our draft picks (ala Washington) or all of our cap space that we could use to keep our current roster together. Our best chance of still winning is to balance our offense. Wanny's depended too much on Ricky. We have an awesome WR's coach. CC and Boston are more than servicable, and I think Minor, Henry, or Russell could put up 1200 yds this year. We'll be alright, teams will underestimate us. They won't be able to key on the run. We'll put up better numbers than last year. Have faith.

I agree, any back can be great, how do we know if there a bust or not, or not the next ricky williams. There obvioulsy good enough to be in the NFK, so why not give them a shot this year, (Minor or Henry) and see what happens. Give them a damn shot. Who knows we may even be saying ricky who after this season.

I agree. This team is about defense and I can't see letting Wale go for a 2nd rate RB. Sign Wale and our draft picks and press on with a RB by commitee approach.

taylorj99 said:
I see way too many threads saying we're done, we should get so and so, etc. I think we need to use the extra money to sign Ogun, CC, and McMichael to long term deals, and sign our draft picks. While I wouldn't mind getting Smith from Minn. or McGahee (if Barfalo was dumb enough to let him go), I'm not ready to mortgage our draft picks (ala Washington) or all of our cap space that we could use to keep our current roster together. Our best chance of still winning is to balance our offense. Wanny's depended too much on Ricky. We have an awesome WR's coach. CC and Boston are more than servicable, and I think Minor, Henry, or Russell could put up 1200 yds this year. We'll be alright, teams will underestimate us. They won't be able to key on the run. We'll put up better numbers than last year. Have faith.

Great post!!.... :D

These naysayers are making me sick. There was a very solid running game in Miami during 2000 and 2001 without Ricky, and there will be again. He's not the "be all end all" of the Phinz offense either...

I think we'll be alright at RB in 2004 with the guys we've got, or can possibly add. It wont be Ricky, but a combination of two RB's could equally produce similar numbers IMO....

Hey, we've got to move on. We can't let this bring us down. We need to use it as motivation. The Phinz are being counted out all over the NFL because of this. It's time to step up and prove something to those doubters. I think they will do just that...

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

I think you guys are right, this is my first post here, but I have been reading for the past year. I like everyone else was in shock and sick when I read the news about Ricky. But hey, with the money he left lets get our other big men signed up and let Travis Minor or Leonard Henry see what they can do. I wish that Miami had an Offensive line like the Broncos and you could any back in there and they get 1,000 to 1,500 yards a year. For the past few seasons it has been all about stopping Ricky, maybe they can come up with a plan that will throw everyone off guard and we can have one heck of a season. Hell we have not been in the playoffs with Ricky, so maybe we can this year. I tell all of you I sick about this but I am hoping and praying for the best where this team is concerned. I will stay with them no matter what.

There was a very solid running game in Miami during 2000 and 2001 without Ricky, and there will be again. He's not the "be all end all" of the Phinz offense either...

I agree. For far too long had we searched for the all too elusive 1000 yd back. And now I think we have 2 or 3 that could do the job.

Back
Top Bottom