Starting Secondary! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting Secondary!

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
As of right now, who do you see as the starters in the secondary? I would say Allen, Daniels, Bell, and Hill. But I still think Poole has a chance to start and I think Goodman will be a backup.

poole could be a real solid nickel back while we could draft a safety like jimmy williams or jason allen. Lance shulters is also a possibility.

I think our top priority is now re-signing Lance Shulters. Once that happens it will look like this.
CBs: Allen & Daniels (maybe Poole)
FS: Shulters
SS: Bell

Now, we are not finished in the upgrading process. I believe either Jimmy Williams or Antonio Cromartie will end up here. Maybe even more rookies. This is what our starting secondary should look like in September, at least I'm hoping.

CB- Allen
CB- Williams or Daniels or Poole
FS- Shulters
SS- Bell or Cromartie
nickle- Williams, Daniels or Poole

Is it a bad idea to start rookies at the corner spot? I know Antrel Rolle was the top CB selected last year and he really sturggled in Arizona. How tough is it to learn that spot?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I think our top priority is now re-signing Lance Shulters. Once that happens it will look like this.

Now, we are not finished in the upgrading process. I believe either Jimmy Williams or Antonio Cromartie will end up here. Maybe even more rookies. This is what our starting secondary should look like in September, at least I'm hoping.

CB- Allen
FS- Shulters
SS- Bell or Cromartie

Is it a bad idea to start rookies at the corner spot? I know Antrel Rolle was the top CB selected last year and he really sturggled in Arizona. How tough is it to learn that spot?

i thought he got hurt.:confused:

Aqua4Ever04 said:

CB- Allen
FS- Shulters
SS- Bell or Cromartie

Huh? Antrel Rolle played 5 games and was pretty good for a rookie. :confused:

But back on topic, if we could somehow get Michael Huff; I'd be in heaven, Finheaven!

Blueprint said:
Huh? Antrel Rolle played 5 games and was pretty good for a rookie. :confused:

But back on topic, if we could somehow get Michael Huff; I'd be in heaven, Finheaven!

Ya, I would love Huff as well. I think safety is a higher priority over cornerback now that Allen has signed.

Don't forget about Shirdonya Mitchell. This guy will be healthy this year and has a boatload of talent. Very fast and Saban was pretty impressed with him.

Just remember that name.

Ryan1973 said:
Ya, I would love Huff as well. I think safety is a higher priority over cornerback now that Allen has signed.

No way he falls to us at 16. If he does, wow that would be sweet!

CB -- Allen
CB -- Poole (he's the best CB on the team believe it or not)

FS -- Daniels
SS -- Tillman (he and Bell battle in camp and Tillman wins)

NB -- Goodman
DB -- Hill

Right now the Dolphins are showing no interest in bringing back Lance. HOWEVER, I do think we will re-sign him. I think the Dolphins just want to leave him out there on the market so that he realizes that he won't get the big bucks that he is looking for. I think Miami will be able to re-sign him for a decent price.

Why does everybody think Daniels will be moved to safety? He did well at cornerback and should stay there.

Draft Jimmy Williams

SS: Jimmy Williams
FS: Bell

CB 1: Daniels
CB 2: Allen
CB 3: Poole

Back
Top Bottom