Starting to wonder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting to wonder

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If maybe the best option is to trade our 2005 1st rounder for hensen (i know a lot of other things need to get done first). I'm not sold on him, don't know too much about him aside from all the hype and the numbers, but the way i see it there aren't many sure things in the nfl anyway. However, taking the risk on him might be a little better for us for several reasons.

We'd still have the chance for two late first rounders this year(#20, and ogun to eagles/sea/any number of suitors), which would mean WR help for chambers (clayton?) and possible OL help in Vernon Carey.

Also, brunell would be more likely to come here since he would know that barring injury hensen will not be taking over for him this season like Fatwich did in jacksonville. Whereas if we elect to go the rivers route, we dont get the 1st round Ol or WR talent and brunell may be worried about the same thing happening to him that happened in Jax.

Brunell
Sage
Hensen

Ricky
Konrad

Chambers
Clayton
Free agent, or bring back one of our current guys for real cheap to be the 3

McMichael
Lee

Wade Smith(no longer the blind side, can stay at LT)
Healthy Jamie Nails
McKinney
Vernon Carey to maul some guys and open gaps for ricky
Tait/Clifton/other FA option
Whitley, Yates, Jerman, etc i believe are/will be pretty solid backups and offer young depth on the line

then after the super bowl win we will have given the 32nd overall pick for drew hensen (#1 overall if he doesnt play baseball), and if he doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world.

First off, don't be baggin' on Leftwich!! :yell: He's the future of my fantasy franchise! :D

As for Henson, I'm not sold on him either as the last guy that was supposed to be a top QB pick that opted for baseball instead only to return after failing, was Chad Hutchinson (sp?) and he hasn't even been able to beat out Quincy friggin' Carter! I trust Dan's instincts on this one however, so if he decides the guy's worth a flier who am I to argue; I mean, he was the greatest QB of all time so he probably knows a thing or two about what to look for in a QB.

Right now we're in a holding pattern that I like to call "Wait and see."

Hutchinson was nothing compared to Henson.

What the hell does that matter. Hutchinson also went to a better school than Marino.

Originally posted by Jaj
What the hell does that matter. Hutchinson also went to a better school than Marino.

Dude, you seriously need to relax a little. I was making a joke, thus the big, grinning smiley face. You've come across as rather tense recently; perhaps a larger size of BVD's would be appropriate, hmmmmm?
:harm:

no...i dont think he did. What happened with Elway is that he was drafted by a different team and Denver traded for him when he was a rook.

I just don't think Henson is worth a 1st rounder. I know the guy is talented but with his short college starting career and time away from the game he is certainly higher risk than Ben, Eli and Rivers. All three of those guys started at least 3 seasons.

Next years 2nd rounder sounds a little better to me.

I am also a bit of a pessimist right now and think next years pick may be fairly high - maybe mid teens.

Cranx were arguing over a subject and you say something totally out of it and I am supposed to know you are saying a joke? Many posters use that smile for sarcasm too. No I am not angry. I am trying to argue a point, I have every right to do that. In no way am I disrespectful or rude either.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
no...i dont think he did. What happened with Elway is that he was drafted by a different team and Denver traded for him when he was a rook.

I believe Elway got drafted by the Colts and he told them "I am not playing for you so you better trade me or i'm sitting out."

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814

Elway was originally drafted by the Colts but he didn't want to play for them as they were terrible at the time. He threatened to play MLB unless a suitable trade was worked out and the Colts obliged him by trading his rights to Denver.

Originally posted by Jaj
Cranx were arguing over a subject and you say something totally out of it and I am supposed to know you are saying a joke? Many posters use that smile for sarcasm too. No I am not angry. I am trying to argue a point, I have every right to do that. In no way am I disrespectful or rude either.

Here, I'll help you out bro, so this doesn't happen in the future. These guys: :shakeno: :rolleyes: :evil: :sleep: :drinker: would generally be used to imply sarcasm. These guys :D :biggrin: :) :goof: :drinkers: are generally used to insinuate a humorous tone. See, it's not so hard. :lol:

As far as arguing a point, we weren't doing any such thing. I posted something, you posted a reply, and I never really responded to anything you said directly. This also would be an indication of humor.

Now I know this is a subtle art but, I'm sure with enough experience you'll start to get it. If you have any questions in the future, just ask bro, I'm here for YOU! :lol: :up:

If all goes well the 1ts rounder would virtuallly be a second at the last pick.:D Therefore lets Nab him if we get the chance. Anytime you can get a young blue chip QB with a late 1st rounder (we should be at least higher than 20 next year) you should pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom