Starting to wonder | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting to wonder

Stanford is the better school definitely. Even though I am a UCLA alumni.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
If maybe the best option is to trade our 2005 1st rounder for hensen (i know a lot of other things need to get done first). I'm not sold on him, don't know too much about him aside from all the hype and the numbers, but the way i see it there aren't many sure things in the nfl anyway. However, taking the risk on him might be a little better for us for several reasons.

We'd still have the chance for two late first rounders this year(#20, and ogun to eagles/sea/any number of suitors), which would mean WR help for chambers (clayton?) and possible OL help in Vernon Carey.

Also, brunell would be more likely to come here since he would know that barring injury hensen will not be taking over for him this season like Fatwich did in jacksonville. Whereas if we elect to go the rivers route, we dont get the 1st round Ol or WR talent and brunell may be worried about the same thing happening to him that happened in Jax.

Something else to think about, if we did just that, then we wouldn't have a #1 next yr to build around Henson then either.
Brunell
Sage
Hensen

Ricky
Konrad

Chambers
Clayton
Free agent, or bring back one of our current guys for real cheap to be the 3

McMichael
Lee

Wade Smith(no longer the blind side, can stay at LT)
Healthy Jamie Nails
McKinney
Vernon Carey to maul some guys and open gaps for ricky
Tait/Clifton/other FA option
Whitley, Yates, Jerman, etc i believe are/will be pretty solid backups and offer young depth on the line

then after the super bowl win we will have given the 32nd overall pick for drew hensen (#1 overall if he doesnt play baseball), and if he doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world.

Something else to think about, if we did just that, then we wouldn't have a #1 next yr to build around Henson then either.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
no...i dont think he did. What happened with Elway is that he was drafted by a different team and Denver traded for him when he was a rook.

You're real close. Elway was drafted by the Colts and refused to play/sign with them and the Colts traded his rights to Denver which was where he really wanted to play anyway. I lost alot of respect for Elway then as a pompous assed snooty nosed li'l spoiled brat. Luckily that trend didn't catch on or we'd likely see a rule something like player's sign with who drafts them or serve a lifelong suspension or such.

Re: Re: Starting to wonder

Originally posted by DeDolfan

wed have chambers, clayton, mcmichael, konrad, ricky, and a young offensive line, what more do you want to build around hensen.

We always find later round gems on defense, and most of the guys are under contract through 2005 i believe, so that first round pick next year may not be a big deal, plus if we go far in the playoffs itd be a late first rounder and we've seen how are first rounders have gone in the past (ex: yatil green, jamar fletcher) im really starting to think this is our best option. next years draft wont be nearly as deep as this years so if we can keep this years draft in tact, or gain more picks and get our potential future qb this year with next years draft picks, think itd be a nice deal.

Re: Re: Re: Starting to wonder

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

wed have chambers, clayton, mcmichael, konrad, ricky, and a young offensive line, what more do you want to build around hensen.

We always find later round gems on defense, and most of the guys are under contract through 2005 i believe, so that first round pick next year may not be a big deal, plus if we go far in the playoffs itd be a late first rounder and we've seen how are first rounders have gone in the past (ex: yatil green, jamar fletcher) im really starting to think this is our best option. next years draft wont be nearly as deep as this years so if we can keep this years draft in tact, or gain more picks and get our potential future qb this year with next years draft picks, think itd be a nice deal.

That is IF everything goes according to your plan. Fine if it does but we know it won't go down that way tho.

well there are ifs surrounding every plan, but far less with this one i think. No IF about us getting a great WR at the 20 pick, the IF would be carey with a later pick, but there is plenty of talent to go elsewhere.

more ifs about drafting rivers or losman at 20 i think, but we'll see, just another idea worth exploring if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom