Starting WR's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting WR's

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
In the spirit of ranking, I compared our two starting WR's as of today, Chambers & McKnight with the rest of the starting WR's tandems around the league. I found a full 16 teams that I thought had better starting WR's.

Two Questions

1. Where would you rank the Dolphins?

2. Is the WR corps good enough considering our top 3 Defense, top 3 Rushing attack, and other receiving threats i.e. McMichael, Konrad, to win a SB?

I think our receivers are good enough but Jay needs to work on his long ball.

Mcknight wont be our starter come week 1. Derrius Thompson will.

I think that Thompson will be playing primarily in the slot, as the #3 WR, although the Dolphins have said that sometimes they will move Chambers to the slot to create mis-matches.

That ranking might even be a little generous even. But these guys are not our starting WRs because of what they have already done, but because of what we think they will do this season. We truly believe Chambers is a #1 WR, and as such if he stays healthy the whole season, with the way Norv is designing more plays to get the ball into his hands, we believe this guy is going to accumulate at least 1100 yards this year. I'm not so sure of the other guys, Norv seems to think we have the capacity for two 1000+ yard receivers and a 50 catch tight end. Maybe. Who knows. But the way I'm hearing about how Norv is subtly changing the offense I would bank on at least one 1000+ yard receiver (chambers) and I would bank on the 50 catches for McMichael if they both stay healthy. If I were doing a fantasy prediction I would predict 1100 yards for Chambers, 800 for R-Mac.

1.Chambers
2.Thompson
3.McKnight
4.Tolver

As the front 4, we can win with that..

Thompson will start at some point this season. We'll see what's up in training camp. But I do feel that our top 3 guys will be an improvement over last season.

You don't have to be perfect in every way to win a Superbowl. Is it a low point of the team no. Where are we on the WR scale in the league? maybe around 16th-18th. That is right now and things change fast, eg. Cleveland Browns, although they had high 2nd rounders that were young...

Still we have a top FB and a top 10 TE. For a rushing team, hell yah that is good enough.

I can't accurately rank them. While I have high expectations for Thompson, I haven't seen him in pads this year.

A full 16 teams? Send me whatever you are smoking dude.
Are you saying you would trade WR corps with 16 teams?
I will give you another way to look at it. Do we have the best D?
Would you trade straight up-the whole D changes uniforms- with any other team? No? Then we have the best D. Right? Oh yeah.

OK-would you really trade staight up WR corps with 16 teams. That is very subjective and there are not a lot of star WR's to begin with. You want TO or Moss? No thanks. Who else is lighting up D's across the leaugue?
I'm cool with our WRs. We have speed, hands, and toughness.
What else would we need?

Originally posted by Finlandia
A full 16 teams? Send me whatever you are smoking dude.
Are you saying you would trade WR corps with 16 teams?
I will give you another way to look at it. Do we have the best D?
Would you trade straight up-the whole D changes uniforms- with any other team? No? Then we have the best D. Right? Oh yeah.

OK-would you really trade staight up WR corps with 16 teams. That is very subjective and there are not a lot of star WR's to begin with. You want TO or Moss? No thanks. Who else is lighting up D's across the leaugue?
I'm cool with our WRs. We have speed, hands, and toughness.
What else would we need?

well, i dont know about toughness. mcnight isnt exactly tough. the fourth WR is up in the air if tolver starts out slow. we dont know anything about him. i would say that thompson could end up the toughest but what do we know about him really?

I think Thompson and McKnight will both see a lot of the field no matter who the starter is. Both have some pretty good qualities that you can't just keep off the field. I think Thompson will be the starter, but McKnight should get a lot of balls too because of his speed.

However, I think more than 16 teams have better starting WRs than us.

Remember we got Jackson as well. Good size and hands.
That's-
Chambers
McKnight-
Thompson-
Jackson-
Tolver-Baker?
Maybe OG to add to that mix-

Originally posted by Finlandia
Remember we got Jackson as well. Good size and hands.
That's-
Chambers
McKnight-
Thompson-
Jackson-
Tolver-Baker?
Maybe OG to add to that mix-

I believe I read somewhere that Ricky will be used out of the backfield more this year also, So, please please add him in the WR mix, a RB out of the backfield is a dangerous dangerous weapon for the passing game.

No doubt-
Someone please tell the 16 teams with better WR's than we have.
I am dying to see that list.

Back
Top Bottom