State of the Slot Address.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

State of the Slot Address....

phillyphinphan

Active Roster
Reaction score
There has been much speculation as to who the Phins shouold pick up this offseason to play the in the slot this upcoming season. I am officially tossing in the name of who I think could be a decent option and he is already in camp. Josh Davis, the undrafted wr from Marshall, this kid had a very productive college career (306 Rec 23 TDs). He lacks blazing speed and he has less than ideal measurables, his combine time was a pedestrian 4.5, but I think people get too caught up in numbers. I tend to focus more on how they play on the field, Davis has very good hands and an equally good feel for the passing game. Now I am sure Saban is going bring in more WR's for competition pruposes but my feeling is that Davis has a good chance to make this team. That being said D Thompson did show improvement when he was relieved of the pressures of starting but we all agree he is no lock to comeback, especially with the money he is making. Az Hakim has also been mentioned on this forum but something tells me that this mere wishful thinking on us fans part. Other than tremendous speed what does hakim bring to the table? He Has a nasty case of fumbleitis (this lack of concentration will not be tolerated by Saban) and as for a return man Welker is a cheaper alternative. Keyshawn has also been mentioned but if we go with Keyshawn when does the youth movement begin,and his attitude must also be a consideration. There is no room for egos when there is a rebuilding/revamping process going on. Training Camp is a month and some change away and the roster will definitely change but as it stands now I'm throwing my support behind Davis

I'll cheer for whoever gets the job. We haven't been the same since OJ and OG left.

As for the blazing speed, how many WRs in the NFL have blazing speed? A good corner can take speed away, and a slow WR running good routes can compensate.

Josh Davis... tough, dependable, proven at the college level, a football player.... I hope he can stay healthy and make the roster....

I hate keyshawn. If there is a guy that I don't want on this team it is him.
Saban won't spend the money that he wants anyway.

Lets send a #1 pick to the Eagles for Freddie Mitchell. Oh, Wait, Wanny's not here any more. :roflmao:

Thank God for Saban.

I would not have a problem with Boston coming back at all. He would be the only player out there who could come in and help us out. Off the field problems aside he was toeing the company line while he was here. I think he is the kind of person who needs to be with a good group of people to excel, which is why it did not worke out in Arizona or San Diego. He needs to realize though that one great year will catapult him right back to the Elite reciever status he once enjoyed and the payday that would follow. Why not let him attempt to reach that level with us when we wouldn't have to give up a lot to get him back.

D.Thompson is a long strider and IMO he is more suited for WR than a slot receiver.
Booker fits the slot receiver profile more.

Back
Top Bottom