statistically we are the favorites for the East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

statistically we are the favorites for the East

isaacjunk

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.coolstandings.com/football/football_standings.asp?i=1

Check it out--we, the Jets, and NE have a 36, 35, and 28% of winning the AFC East, respectively, according to this site that ran 1 million simulations of our respective teams/remaining schedules factoring in home field adv---so we are ever so slightly in the lead!

I'm a little surprised, since I thought just last week this or a similar site had us at about at 10% chance, and the NY Jets losing shouldn't have impacted our crown hopes much ( see "the truth about our playoff picture" thread about this ). Maybe now, we can afford to lose one of our next two, whereas we couldn't have before the Jets loss? That must be what it is...

Interesting that NE has the best shot of winning the wild card out of us, and we are slightly in 3rd in terms of making the playoffs overall, because a wild card is a very remote <2% chance for us. Argh, that Baltimore win yesterday was annoying!

Anyhow, cheers guys, thought I'd post some more positive Monday news...crazy to think in Week 15 we'd be the statistical favorites to win the division! I wonder what the odds of *that* would've been back in Week 1---you probably could have made 20-30x your money on that bet, or more!

Back
Top Bottom