Stay at 16 or move down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stay at 16 or move down?

badfoot

nonpredictor
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What would it take for us to move down?I am thinking Saban wants a late second or early third...I am really hoping this happens (moving down for more picks)Hope fully the braintrust is thinking the same.It saves us money and Saban needs more picks to build this team .

im sure saban has thought of it.....he loves picks and this yr we dont have many.....i think we can get a good qulaity guy in the 20's (lawson, cromartie, tye hill) but there are also guys i think saban covets, cant say who right now that may be too hard to pass up

i think we'll pick one of these 4 guys if we stay at 16

jackson, ernie sims, manny lawson or holmes

Depends on who is at the pick. If they can get Jackson or Holms, they should take them there.

it depends on who has fallen to your spot, and how badly another team wants that player.

its not simply about trading down... another team has to want to trade up.

if we move down most likely is more money witch it means that there is less money to work at other poss

badfoot said:
What would it take for us to move down?I am thinking Saban wants a late second or early third...I am really hoping this happens (moving down for more picks)Hope fully the braintrust is thinking the same.It saves us money and Saban needs more picks to build this team .

TRADE DOWN AND GET THE BEST CENTER IN THE DRAFT TO ANCHOR THE LINE FOR CULPEPPER. 2ND PICK TAKE BEST SAFTY AVAILABLE.

:tongue:

ch19079 said:
it depends on who has fallen to your spot, and how badly another team wants that player.

its not simply about trading down... another team has to want to trade up.
Man, i'm going to hell for this, but, I agree and I actually was going to say the same thing. There has to be a player dropping to #16, that another team has it's eye on, that feels trading up will secure it's ability to get him. Teams don't just trade up for for the sake of trading up. So, question is, who's that player and team?

Ok, so agreeing with a bills fan gets me how much warning points/percentage?

true dol-fan said:
if we move down most likely is more money witch it means that there is less money to work at other poss

Your thinking of moving up. Moving down would mean the player we choose would cost less.

I say stay put. There was way, way too much trading down in the past 10 years. Take the best player available reguardless of position. Its not like the Dolphins have the deck stacked for them. I dont believe that you pass on first round talent.

Depends on who is on the board between pick#16 and the end of the 1st round. There are enough teams picking after us that may want to manuver toward the middle of the 1st round to get someone who has slipped. There are 16 picks after our #16th pick and maybe, just maybe someone will slip to 16th that someone behind us just can't do without. If this scenerio should happen Saban is smart enough to take advantage of it for the Dolphins benefit.

havanahec said:
Your thinking of moving up. Moving down would mean the player we choose would cost less.

But you'd have another pick which means another salary.

Dredd1050 said:
Depends on who is at the pick. If they can get Jackson or Holms, they should take them there.

I agree. If they are both gone then we should try and trade down. Indy could be looking to move up. Maybe our first for their first and second. I would like to acquire more picks, but Holmes would look great in a fins uniform.

I'd trade our #16 for a later first round pick PLUS a 2nd rounder. I think there are going to be a ton of great players left on the board through the 2nd round that could be starters for us. But, rarely do you see others teams willing to move up to the #16 spot and give up a late 1st and a 2nd.

I think we could get 2nd rd pick and still possibly get Holmes, Jimmy Williams, Whitner, even a Greenway. I think that if there are 3 Qb's picked in the top ten then Ngata will Fall out of the top ten. I think this will cause a guy who could be picked in the 11-15 range to fall to us. We may sit at 16 with both wr's available, or sims and the other lbs, Or Cromartie and a number of db's. I think we should trade down if we could

Back
Top Bottom