Steeler Refs Revenge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steeler Refs Revenge

dolfanattic5

you got chambered
Super Donator
Reaction score
Sucks that it happened against the Pats, but did anybody else find it a little funny and revengeful to see the Steelers CLEARLY recover the football and not get it? The Steelers were going to lose anyway and this was probably the worst call I've ever seen against the Dolphins

http://youtu.be/cRInQyUV16k

I still remember it so well. I even remember Big Ben saying " I had the ball underneath the pile". Lmao! This is a bad call but the Seahawks "catch" on the Packers is far worse or up there.

There have been a million bad, and blatantly wrong, calls that have decided NFL games.

The Seahawks, for example-- they may have gotten one over on the Packers in 2012, but in 1998 the Seahawks lost to the Jets on Vinny Testaverde's "phantom touchdown" (the ball never crossed the goal line on Testaverde's run, but he was given the score and NY won).

Difference with the Steelers is that their fumble that wasn't against the Patriots didn't decide the contest, while the bad call against the Dolphins in 2010 did give the Steelers the game.

Pretty interesting that the missed fumble by Rotheberger in 2010 helped the Steelers reach the Super Bowl.
This time the missed fumble by Brady prevented the Steelers from getting to the Super Bowl. I know the Patriots would have won anyways but the call was at a critical point in game when it was still close. After the call the Patriots scored and never looked back. The call derailed any momentum the Steelers had gained.

For memory sake the 2010 season ended with Pittsburgh and Baltimore tied at 12-4, Pittsburgh got the bye and 2 seed and Baltimore got screwed. Had we not got screwed in that game Baltimore would have been the #2 seed. Pittsburgh probably never makes the Super Bowl that year if they call our game properly.

Or the **** is just rigged.

I saw Brady lose the ball just before he was down, then landed on the ball with players all over him.

That's a dead ball as soon as he was touched, which was immediately. It doesn't matter who comes out of the pile with the ball.

That happens all the time and it isn't ruled in that teams favor.

Sucks that it happened against the Pats, but did anybody else find it a little funny and revengeful to see the Steelers CLEARLY recover the football and not get it? The Steelers were going to lose anyway and this was probably the worst call I've ever seen against the Dolphins

http://youtu.be/cRInQyUV16k

That fact was not lost on me during the game LOL. I wonder if the refs rode back from the game on the same flight as Pittsburgh

I saw Brady lose the ball just before he was down, then landed on the ball with players all over him.

That's a dead ball as soon as he was touched, which was immediately. It doesn't matter who comes out of the pile with the ball.

That happens all the time and it isn't ruled in that teams favor.

Then how come when the same thing happened to Ajayi it was ruled a recovery by opposition. Pats always get the calls.

Then how come when the same thing happened to Ajayi it was ruled a recovery by opposition. Pats always get the calls.

Maybe they do get the calls, but I find nothing wrong with that guy's analysis. If the play happened as he said-- and I don't care enough to investigate it-- then the ball was indeed dead as soon as Brady covered it and was touched by the opposing team. If the opposite call was made in Ajayi's case, then that's the call that was made incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom