Stemke Only Has The Temporary Edge...mcdermott Is Fine.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stemke Only Has The Temporary Edge...mcdermott Is Fine..

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes.... STEMKE was very impressive last week....but the DOlphins want to see that kind of kicking from him....the rest of this pre-season. Is there a controversy? ROYALS isn't even there yet...and this is the mind-set right now: For STEMKE to make it....he has to literally knock out ROYALS....where it is clear cut....that he has shown the consistency that he can handle the job...and two....for the DOlphins to cut ROYALS..who is the holder....then it just has to be really justified where STEMKE clearly has shown that he is the better option overall than ROYALS. Don't think that the Dolphins are just going to give MARE a new snapper and a new holder....just like that. Its only 1 pre-season game....and STEMKE did all the punting...and he did a fine job...heck he was our player of the game last week......besides SAGE.....but lets see how this guy does this week? What if STEMKE gets one blocked? What is he has an off-day of a 35 yard ount average? Is the race then in the favor of ROYALS? This battle will go on for the rest of the pre-season.....but clearly....STEMKE has to win by complete knockout---or two....on the basis that ROYALS cannnot remain healthy...and the decision is by default.

I talked to everyone I could out there who has seen Mcdermott since he has arrived....and thus far....he has been just fine. The Dolphins special teams has thrown him every startling, freeze-up tactic in the book....talking trash...etc...to get him razzled....but Mcdermott has past the test...and even Mare has said that Mcdermott looks fine thus far. Its MCDERMOTTS job to lose..... as long as he does not get noticed out there...for bad snaps....high, low, or non-hold-a-ble....there is no reason for the Dolphins to look elsewhere....although Mcdermott is going to be analyzed as much as anyone this week....they think that they have found there replacement for Ed PERRY.... Mcdermott did the job for the Texans all last season....and believe me....the Dolphins brass talked to Dom CAPERS about Mcdermott before they brought him in here....they did there homework...and he was there first choice.

DCH, are there concerns about McDermott being right-handed whereas Perry was a lefty? On placekicks in practice is Royals doing all of the holding or do they have somebody else doing it while he's injured?

I like STEMKE better then ROYALS. Royals has been a dissapointment IMO. I really got spoiled by Reggie ROBY.

from what I've seen Stemke does have more power on his punts, but the holding is the tricky part. .

Plus, do we even know if this guy can direct a punt or can he just boom em 54 yards?

Okay.

So after another exhibition, I thought it was time to fire this one up again.

Royals-two punts averaging 39 yards
Stemke-one punt for 49 yards

BTW, Griese is practicing holding this week for Mare.

I don't know whose going to win this but Wanny better make the right decision as it's a very important one. Knowing Wanny I hope he just doesn't take the safe way out and stick with Royals but thats what the articles are saying as far as it's Royals job to lose. IMO he's already lost it by having a lower average.

What I find disturbing is that they're not giving Stemke the chance to hold. Does anyone know if he holds in practice?

Back
Top Bottom