Stern Admits Mistake in Spurs' Schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stern Admits Mistake in Spurs' Schedule

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
NBA commissioner David Stern acknowledged one scheduling mistake - and may address another quirk in the playoff format.

The commissioner said Monday night that the NBA will ``probably'' change the way it seeds the playoffs.

``I think we're just talking about taking the four teams in each conference with the best records and seeding them one through four,'' he said.

Under the current format, the three division champions earn the top three seeds, followed by the remaining teams in order of their records. That's why San Antonio and Dallas are meeting in the second round, even though they have the two best records in the West.

Stern also said it was wrong to schedule the Spurs to open the Western Conference semifinals with an early game Sunday.

``If we had it to do over again, we wouldn't have acceded to the network's request on that one,'' he said Monday night.

San Antonio wrapped up its first-round series in Sacramento so late on Friday night that it was after midnight in Texas. The Spurs spent the night in Sacramento and didn't arrive back in San Antonio until about 3 p.m. on Saturday.

http://sportsillustrated.netscape.cnn.com/sports/story.jsp?floc=sp-more-index_ap_sports_nba&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060509%2F0219458057.htm&sc=2030

I think the seeding of teams is more important then when they schedule teams to play......you have to remember that most NBA teams fly around in a private chartered jet that they can pretty much sleep on....there is no waiting around for hours to board a flight.....they have flight attendants bringing them whatever they want. I also heard that NBA players get about $500 a day in meal money...along with their crazy contracts. I don't feel sorry if they are tired out.

Back
Top Bottom