Steve Hutchinson or Bentley? Your Thoughts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Hutchinson or Bentley? Your Thoughts?

H2Ronnie23

Ronnie Is The Future
Reaction score
If the free agency market gets too expensive for the Dolphins this off-season, the best bet would be to target primarily G Steve Hutchinson.
There is no doubt in my mind that Bentley is a great Center and would be a huge asset to the team but to sign both would mean a large hit to our cap. With Hadnot playing solid, he can move over to center and play that position just as good as any lineman in the NFL. I believe we need to upgrade the secondary and the defense with at least one free agent signing. Charles Woodson would be a pretty good acquisition to out secondary. Considering that Sam Madison is out to go play with Surtain in KC.

H2Ronnie23 said:
If the free agency market gets too expensive for the Dolphins this off-season, the best bet would be to target primarily G Steve Hutchinson.
There is no doubt in my mind that Bentley is a great Center and would be a huge asset to the team but to sign both would mean a large hit to our cap. With Hadnot playing solid, he can move over to center and play that position just as good as any lineman in the NFL. I believe we need to upgrade the secondary and the defense with at least one free agent signing. Charles Woodson would be a pretty good acquisition to out secondary. Considering that Sam Madison is out to go play with Surtain in KC.

Both will be costly, thats for sure....I would take Bentley because he can play G and C...He's younger...and he was the difference maker of the solid NO offensive Line....Hutchinson plays next to the best LT in the game...but in short I'd love to have either.

Good post. The line is moving in the right direction, and we need to consider whom we need to add to get it to the next level.

IMO, a top center is a much more important acquisition than a top guard. Everything starts in the middle. Picture McKinney getting pushed back into the quarterback, the complete absence of a push up the middle, the inability to run pulls and traps effectively, and the failure to complete secondary blocking assignments. LeCharles would go a long way toward fixing that. Remember the team when we had the likes of Langer and Stevenson?

Bentley.

He's one of the, if not the, fastest lineman in the league.

He's also mean on the field.

And young, I think

Hutchinson. It's not even close who is the better player. Miami has two young Center prospects already.

Hutch is a bit better but eitehr would be a great addition.

DBoston80 said:
Both will be costly, thats for sure....I would take Bentley because he can play G and C...He's younger...and he was the difference maker of the solid NO offensive Line....Hutchinson plays next to the best LT in the game...but in short I'd love to have either.

Steve Hutchinson is a better player. He's 28, Bentley's 26. Not a big difference there. But to tell you the truth, if the Fins ended up with either
of these 2 guys I'd be real happy!

Toss up. Hutch is better all around, but we are weakest at C so Bentley might be the better add. Either one is a big boost to the OL.

H2Ronnie23 said:

:mrt: Hutchinson is going to be one of the 'most' expensive players in free agency and will command a signing/roster bonuses in excess of $10 million. Bentley will come some millions cheaper.

Id want LeCharles, we NEED a center, that plus him and I have the same birthday!

I think Hadnot is being groomed to be the center on this team. Hutchinson is going to be expensive. Bentley would be great but if he's as quick as it's been said on this board, I wonder if he could play G. If he could, I think Bentley at G and Hadnot at C would be better than Bentley at C and Hadnot at G.

Guys, like I said before Bentley can play 2 OL positions at a pro bowl level.

phinfan2003 said:
Bentley would be great but if he's as quick as it's been said on this board, I wonder if he could play G.

Bentley can play guard. He was a better guard than he is a center. All-pro his rookie year.

Saint Greg said:
Bentley can play guard. He was a better guard than he is a center. All-pro his rookie year.

Where do we sign then?

Back
Top Bottom