Steve Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Smith

You're right... 5' 9" 185 (must be in full gear because that boy is skinny!!).

Regarding his attitude/temper...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1122/1464895.html (I'd be embarrassed if a guy that small put me in the hospital for 2 days. Story continues that he had to have reconstructive surgery. Teammates say it was completely unprovoked.)

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
isaac bruce is the hot rumor, he doesnt plan on staying in st louis has expressed interest in playing in miami since his family is in ft. lauderdale and he would come cheaper than smith. Dennis Northcutt is another option, darrell jackson, marcus robinson, dez white, kevin dyson... all are free agenst and non would cost us the money or draft picks that smith will likely cost us.

And you said receivers with just as much talent or better.

Isaac Bruce? Ummm, he's getting up there in age. Dennis Northcutt? He isn't near as talented as Smith. Darrell Jackson? I would love to have him, but he won't be that much cheaper than Smith. Marcus Robinson? Yeah, he's got about 40 catches and will soon be 29 and is injury prone. Dez White? What has he done his entire career? He's a #3 WR. Kevin Dyson? Hello, injured reserve.

all come at a cheaper price, no draft picks, and are supposed to be our #3, enter rashaun woods

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
all come at a cheaper price, no draft picks, and are supposed to be our #3, enter rashaun woods

Ummm.. if we sign Darrell Jackson we are not drafting a receiver in the first. Darrell Jackson isn't gonna sign here to be a #3 WR. Isaac Bruce is gonna want to sign somewhere to start too, same probably goes for Northcutt.

You said JUST AS TALENTED OR BETTER.

Now you're talking about Robinson, White, and Dyson. Oh yeah, that's a great list!

my point basically is that steve smith will under no circumstances be considered by the dolphins this offseason, nor should he be, end of story.

Darrell Jackson was the go to guy for Hasselbeck this year.. Darrell Jackson would not be anything close to a #3 WR for Miami, if anything, he'd challenge Chambers for the #1 WR role.. Darrell Jackson is darn good.. He's extremely quick and almost uncoverable.. He has a big case of the drops though.. Just like Chambers in big time situations..

Back
Top Bottom