STOP complaining about giving up 21 points!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STOP complaining about giving up 21 points!!!!

I wonder about some of these so called Dolphins Fans that are so quick to call someome a homer. I mean what the **** we scored the most points in the NFL yesterday and you're crying about 21 PTS? WoW. I've been crying for and offensive performance like this since '95. When the Defense let me down later this year and we LOSE a game, than I will hit the panic button. The defense have brought about 22 victories over the last two years. So they can relax as much as they want right now. I am telling you right now the defense is going to be having alot of fun this year watching our offense. You haters can say what you want but I do not see in team in the NFL beating us this year. They would have to score atleast 50 points against our Defense before we even think about loosing. I am going to enjoy this victory right up until sunday at 1pm. 1 Down and 18 To Go. Here's to 19-0 BABY..

Originally posted by Sherif
Whats with the Fans leaving after the first half? Was it because of the heat. By the fourth quarter the stadium was empty. I dont understand that.

Not that I agree with it but many want a jump on the traffic after the game. Many times they miss the most dramatic part of the game. But everyone has their own opinion. :confused:

I'll give you 1 really big reason why I am harping on the 21 points...We are in the TOUGHEST division in football. Not all of our games will we score 49 points. Say that we have the same record as NE at the end of the regular season...who wins the division (and a possible bye) if we split with them...It would come down to tie breakers...yes I know its a stretch to use this, but it can happen. Points for and points against...This division will be too tough to take anything for granted. I really was not concerned yesterday the Detroit would get back into the game...I just do not want to see that type of complacency on defense...Do you???:evil:

I would have stayed till the end, but it is understandable when people leave 5 minutes before the end when its a blowout and 100 degrees out.

Drop the red flags.....false alarm....my bad.....

Middle linebacker Zach Thomas had a good time, too -- by not playing much. "I'm not even winded," he says. "I could go out and play another game. The offense plays like this, man, it'll be different."

Originally posted by phins054
I'll give you 1 really big reason why I am harping on the 21 points...We are in the TOUGHEST division in football. Not all of our games will we score 49 points.

Yup and we won't give up that many points either in every game.

Face the facts folks.

Fact #1) Ricky was pulled out of the game in the 3rd quarter. Chances are they wouldn't have had that last touchdown if they had let Ricky do his thing in the 4th and grind the clock down.

Fact #2) Sam Madison probably would have come back into the game if it wasn't a blow out. Chester wouldn't have been taken out either.

Fact #3) We were up 35-7 before those guys were taken out.

No reason to be worried until next week against the Colts. If the Colts pass for more then 300 yards then we got reason to worry. Until then it's not worth commenting on.

Players tend to play up or down to their opponet. That being said i will not concern myself at all about the 21 points the reasons are 3 fold.

1) The first few times Detroit got the ball we held them to three and out. It wasn't untill we were winning 21-0 that they put any points on the board.

2) It was obvious that the cruise controll button was hit by all of our player some time early in the 2nd quarter.

3) It was also obvious that are defensive play calling turned very vanilla in the 2nd quarter. Why show all of your cards if your opponet already had folded?

Oh yeah and our top corner wasn't in on any of the scoring drives. I wonder how many catches Hakim would have if he was playing against Sam. I think he had about 8 yards while Sam was in the game.

Originally posted by Dajesus
3) It was also obvious that are defensive play calling turned very vanilla in the 2nd quarter. Why show all of your cards if your opponet already had folded?

Very true.

I like the fact that they pulled some guys here and there when they got the huge lead up. Plus I loved the fact zach wasn't tired at all after the game. Will definately help with stamina if we can do this a couple more times this year.

i think the defense did relax, it was hot and the offense was cookin. why shouldn't they get a break. 7 or 14 points the lions had were in garbage time! don't worry about it!

The 21 points don't really bother me that much. The only thing that I saw that I was a little concerned about was the 3rd down defense. I'm not sure of the stats - maybe someone could post them - but it seemed like for as big of a blowout as it was Detroit didn't punt as much as they probably should have and got quite a few first downs after third down conversions. But for crying out loud that's pretty nitpicky. I'll certainly have no complaints if Sunday was a sign of things to come. It could be a helluva year. Go Phins!

well i am happy as hell about the win, but i also understand the concern of the defense losing concentration. as i remeber we had a commanding lead before the "tragedy in the meadowlands". but hell if the dolphins kept scoring points in that game like they did this game that never would have happened so i am split.

I agree with everything said above. It was garbage time etc. But here are a couple of troubling things:

1. Pass Rush? We knew they were passing and it just wasn't there. Bothers me a bit.

2. Underneath Pass Coverage: They consistently matched their receivers on our line backers. I don't like the scheme or the results and the Colts probably are looking very closely at it.

You guys may be right and we will tighten up for the Colts, but I never liked a turn-it-on and turn-it-off style of defense. Sometimes it is very hard to find the on switch again.

Don't worry about the pass rush...

... they basically were in a no huddle offense the entire game, and they were only taking 3 or 5 step drops so they could get the ball out of their quickly. I think it's amazing the Dolphins were able to get 3 sacks with that considered. It's funny the Dolphins get 3 sacks and they get no respect from some.

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinKev
I agree with everything said above. It was garbage time etc. But here are a couple of troubling things:

1. Pass Rush? We knew they were passing and it just wasn't there. Bothers me a bit.

2. Underneath Pass Coverage: They consistently matched their receivers on our line backers. I don't like the scheme or the results and the Colts probably are looking very closely at it.

You guys may be right and we will tighten up for the Colts, but I never liked a turn-it-on and turn-it-off style of defense. Sometimes it is very hard to find the on switch again.

Back
Top Bottom