Stop saying the AFC is much stronger now than in 2000/2001 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop saying the AFC is much stronger now than in 2000/2001

Zacher87

Starter
Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing people saying "In 2000 and 2001 the AFC was weak, that's why we were able to make the playoffs." That's a bunch of BS. The AFC is the same as it was then, it's just the offseason right now so every team is hyped up. Every team brought in some guys, so you assume every team is going to be much better. Wait until the games start, I guarantee you the Bills will still suck, the Jets defense will remain inexperienced, and other teams won't be as strong as everyone thinks they will be. Our defense is experienced. Our offense is pretty sorry, but we've still got a few playmakers, enough to complement our defense if the D decides to step it up like they did in the early OO's. I'm not saying we'll make a deep playoff run or even make the playoffs, but our team is still a contender.

Zacher87 said:
I'm so sick of hearing people saying "In 2000 and 2001 the AFC was weak, that's why we were able to make the playoffs." That's a bunch of BS. The AFC is the same as it was then, it's just the offseason right now so every team is hyped up. Every team brought in some guys, so you assume every team is going to be much better. Wait until the games start, I guarantee you the Bills will still suck, the Jets defense will remain inexperienced, and other teams won't be as strong as everyone thinks they will be. Our defense is experienced. Our offense is pretty sorry, but we've still got a few playmakers, enough to complement our defense if the D decides to step it up like they did in the early OO's. I'm not saying we'll make a deep playoff run or even make the playoffs, but our team is still a contender.

bad post. The AFC is definately stronger now then it was, especially last year.Anybody that follows football can tell you that.

Phinatic said:
bad post. The AFC is definately stronger now then it was, especially last year.Anybody that follows football can tell you that.
Well, I follow football, and I disagree. An entire league change strengths. We could take that 2000 team and be 11-5 again this season. The only difference is, with the new playoff format, it's more difficult to make the playoffs if you have a strong team in your division.

Zacher87 said:
Well, I follow football, and I disagree. An entire league change strengths. We could take that 2000 team and be 11-5 again this season. The only difference is, with the new playoff format, it's more difficult to make the playoffs if you have a strong team in your division.

the AFC now has a ton of solid teams and a few breakout teams, and even the weaker teams have stepped it up, as compared to back in 2000

Colts, Titans, Patriots, Chiefs, Broncos are SB contenders. Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Browns and the Jets are on there way up. The only teams on the bottom right now are the Bills, Jaguars, Raiders, and Chargers, and they are even stronger now then most "bottom" teams. They could win on any given sunday against any given team. Back in 2000 there wsa not this much competition. But i do agree about the new playoff format makes it harder, but face it, the AFC is now much stronger then it was a couple years ago. Honestly out of the 16 teams any i wouldnt be surprised to see 12 of them in the SB. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom