Stop with the blame of Gase for Raekwon on Special Teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop with the blame of Gase for Raekwon on Special Teams

Accidents happen. Miami has a strong Special Teams group and it was seen as a positive to further develop Raekwon McMillan's skills, but I'm really disappointed by his injury - (I'm very low). We finally drafted a really good young linebacker to develop and he lasts just a few minutes in a meaningless preseason game.
Question 1 - Why are we seeing a lot more ACL and MCL injuries than say 15 - 20 years ago?
Question 2 - The New England Patriots seem to consistently get fewer serious injuries than other teams. What do they do differently to avoid them, yet still play at a top level? How do they do it?

I don't think this is true. The Pats have there fair share of injuries but overcome them because they have Brady. One other thing. It seems like they get lots of injuries early on and get everybody back just in the nick of time. That's something that seems to happen every year.

They lose Gronk like every year, they just overcome it because Hollywood Handsome Tommy Brady and Belechick make it work.

I agree... the blaming needs to stop. Shows ho much attention to detail they have when it comes to the game of football. every team does this

you take away two starting LB's from any team and then tell me who would have a good LB unit
Thats a good point.

I guess I am just sitting here like, right now, we are only one Lawrence Timmons away from legit having almost the same exact LB corps as last year.

And we haven't even played a real game yet...

Rookies always play special teams. They need practice on the field. It was a freak injury which could happen at anytime. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor played special teams their first 2 or 3 years.

Accidents happen. Miami has a strong Special Teams group and it was seen as a positive to further develop Raekwon McMillan's skills, but I'm really disappointed by his injury - (I'm very low). We finally drafted a really good young linebacker to develop and he lasts just a few minutes in a meaningless preseason game.
Question 1 - Why are we seeing a lot more ACL and MCL injuries than say 15 - 20 years ago?
Question 2 - The New England Patriots seem to consistently get fewer serious injuries than other teams. What do they do differently to avoid them, yet still play at a top level? How do they do it?

1) Players are bigger and faster than 20 years ago and there is only so much stress joints can take.
2) the patriots are one of only a handful of teams that require their OL to wear knee braces. While injuries are part bad luck, there are measures that can be taken to minimize the risk. The Patriots are simply smarter than a lot of teams in that regards.

Back
Top Bottom