story about thuggin in Philly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

story about thuggin in Philly

And Philly fans wonder why they are perceived by most other sports fans as being white trash unruly idiots. Obviously there is a reason for that stereotype. When I was a kid I went to a Dolphins-Eagles game at the cesspool that was the Vet. And the classless scumbags that were sitting behind my mom and I were taunting us because I was wearing a Dolphins hat. I mean give me an F'ing break. They were picking on a 10 year old kid and a 40 year old woman. What a bunch of losers. Living in New Jersey I venture down to Philly now and then for a night out, but there is no doubt in my mind why this is a second-class city and always will be. It used to be all they used to choke on in Philly was their dirty cheese steaks, but now they are best known for choking away football games. Way to go, Donovan & Co.

yeah, thats why it bothers me that we had like 20-30000 eagle fans in our stadium on MNF. How the hell did that happen?:fire:

Is Donovan Mcnabb overrated?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God im gonna love saying that. There were a couple of Philly fans at my work who were getting loud when i said that. I said it just to push their buttons and boy, it worked about three times that night no problem!:lol:

Originally posted by jcork_NJ
When I was a kid I went to a Dolphins-Eagles game at the cesspool that was the Vet. And the classless scumbags that were sitting behind my mom and I were taunting us because I was wearing a Dolphins hat. I mean give me an F'ing break. They were picking on a 10 year old kid and a 40 year old woman. What a bunch of losers.

Same thing happened to me.....in Miami. Except we were sitting in front of a bunch of Jet fans. I was 9 years old and those scumbags were harassing my mom the entire game. Classy. Unfortunately, we lost the game. So it never got better.

I have contacts with these guys....Philly has not heard the last of it. What a bunch of thug fans; it can ruin a city's reputation.

Originally posted by jcork_NJ
And Philly fans wonder why they are perceived by most other sports fans as being unruly idiots.

ditto.

its like i said last time we talked about philly fans - remember when foster scored that 1-yard run and jake delhomme went to the back of the endzone to greet him and congratulate him, philly fans could be seen on CAMERA throwing **** out of the stands at them and booing them. Sit down a$$holes, and acknowledge skill and talent when you see it. stupid, stupid fans. thats why the eagles don't deserve to go to the superbowl: the fans. its sad.

(*note: this post does not represent ALL eagles fans, just the ones who act in this manner*)

so this guy didnt see the game for which he paid, an now he has to buy tickets to go back :(

I'm not here to defend Philadelphia as I usually do being a Philadelphian or the Eagles as long as if I feel it is justified. However, these Panther fans were aware of the hostile reputation of Philadelphia and in particular, Eagles fans. We all can agree on that since they did admit to it. They should know that if you walk into the stadium wearing clothes representing the opposition, that makes them a target wherever you go. Especially in a blue-collar town like Philadelphia. It makes them a target for abuse regardless of what team and sport you are watching. It comes with the territory. This is common throughout the northeastern part of the United States. I've been through this before in many places up in the northeastern US, even in Philly when I supported my Toronto Blue Jays when they defeated the Phillies in the World Series in 1993. Again in Miami when I went down for the Monday night game, I heard some taunts and trash talk from the Dolphin fans that they had started with us. Throughout the game, we all had a good time there since it was all in good, clean fun. Panther fans, and other opposing team fans, should expect this type of stuff because that's the way it is up here whether they like it or not. That's the situation that they put themselves into. Unfortunately, stuff like this will never change. People can't come up here and expect to be treated like kings and queens just because they are fans of the opposition, and then often cry because something bad has happened to them. Yes, it is horrible that they have to deal with this. Yes, that is the reputation that the city and the Eagle fans have, and yes, the Panthers made the Eagles their b***h that day. I understand their passion for the Panthers fans and I may have done the same thing if I were one of them. But this has only make their situation worse as it is right now. I feel for these guys. I have seen these acts many times throughout the years and games that I have witnessed live. I just want to go out to see a football game, or any other sporting event, and to cheer on my team. But I won't do anything stupid like that or to start a fight just because another person likes the other team. I choose to avoid all that type of stuff because I don't want to be put into a bad situation. The best advice that I could give to anyone coming to Philadelphia for any game is to not wear any apparel representing your favorite team and to not publically cheer for the opposition when they score points or make a good play. Keeping quiet, and I know it is hard to do, will avoid the problem of abuse from the Philadelphia faithful.

Ironically, I also know the lawyer representing them. I knew him when we were growing up. This should be an easy case going in favor for those Panther fans.

What happened to those Panthers fans is sad. When you go to an away game of your team, you should obviously expect people to talk trash about your team, but throwing and pouring stuff on opposing fans is just wrong.

While not all Eagles fans are bad, there are enough ******* Eagle fans for them to be among the worst in the league. I have gone to a bunch of Dolphins/Jets games at Giants Stadium (and have never had any problems) but I would never go to an Eagles home game.

Back
Top Bottom