Strahan Vs. Todd Wade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strahan Vs. Todd Wade

Elfpower

Scout Team
Reaction score
Although Todd Wade's play seems to have gotten better, I hope Wade brings his A game against the giants. Strahan can sometimes just be a monster, so Im a little worried about it. Although I think it'll me a really good matchup If Wade plays the best he's capable of. Strahan is a really powerful DE, which I think plays to Wade's strengths if he's playing well. I just hope the Giants don't switch Strahan and Holmes around much, because the would mean Strahan on Wade Smith....that looks a little scary. What do you guys think?

I say no matter where Strahan goes, you double him. Then make the other 3 lineman beat you one-on-one. I don't think they can do it consistently......

That would be the wise thing to do. I think Keith Hamilton might still be injured so that is a plus. Strahan was in a funk against the Redskins, he didn't have the same energy he usually does and he became a one-dimensional DE...power rush only. That played right into the hands of the monstrous Jon Jansen who engulfed him most of the day. Hopefully Strahan will be feeling a little down against us too. Cuz if he's not, the guy is nowhere NEAR a one-dimensional player. Remember, this is the guy that prompted the "liquid metal" remark about Jason Taylor. Strahan IS liquid metal he's mastered about every DE move known to man. He doesn't have JT's athletic ability but he makes up for it with the bullrush of Trace Armstrong, the Club maneuver of Reggie White, and the Swim move of Bruce Smith. He's at his best when stringing together two moves like an outside speed to inside bull or something. When he gets on fire...he just can't be stopped short of triple teaming.

ck is right...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
That would be the wise thing to do. I think Keith Hamilton might still be injured so that is a plus. Strahan was in a funk against the Redskins, he didn't have the same energy he usually does and he became a one-dimensional DE...power rush only. That played right into the hands of the monstrous Jon Jansen who engulfed him most of the day. Hopefully Strahan will be feeling a little down against us too. Cuz if he's not, the guy is nowhere NEAR a one-dimensional player. Remember, this is the guy that prompted the "liquid metal" remark about Jason Taylor. Strahan IS liquid metal he's mastered about every DE move known to man. He doesn't have JT's athletic ability but he makes up for it with the bullrush of Trace Armstrong, the Club maneuver of Reggie White, and the Swim move of Bruce Smith. He's at his best when stringing together two moves like an outside speed to inside bull or something. When he gets on fire...he just can't be stopped short of triple teaming.

... and this is exactly WHY we double-team him.

This is not that big of a deal as this is their only advantage in the game that stands out. Our LB core can actually hang with Shockey. This is arguable, but there you have it. It is arguable. On the other hand we have close to 4 matchups that go in our way. Ricky against Barrow, McMike against Short, Surtain against Hilliard, plus J.T. against a crappy right side OL. Then you have Chambers against Allen. Pro Bowler Aaron Glenn could not stop Chambers. Allen is a bit under Glenn.

thats it. i would be more afraid of JT than strahan. oh thats right, JT plays for us.:D

I dont think we ever need to worry about any DE that much becuase:

Norv has ricky running plays that are counters, draws, delays, ect. and then he moves JF around. One thing i have not seen lately............the end around. we are due.

Will Allen really impressed me when I watched him play in a couple of games. He makes plays and he can be a shut down corner for a good amount of time...maybe not a whole game, but enough to where if you're not throwing the ball a lot you'll miss the opportunities you might have had.

He's bigger I think and more physical than Aaron Glenn.

Norv knows when to use the end around. Its almost as useful as the deep passing game when it comes to loosening up a defense that goes into run defense mode.

I don't think they'll let Rookie Jeff Proehl go against Taylor one on one and we should let Wade Smith go against Strahan one on one. If this is a game where Fiedler doesn't have time to pass then we will lose.

Back
Top Bottom