strength of schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

strength of schedule

tenndolfan

tennessee chapter of dolfans
Reaction score
ive been reading alot of posts from everyone including barfallo jills fans saying that the bills have the hardest schedule in the leauge...and alot of dolphins fans saying we have a easy schedule...just to clear things up it was reported on espn and the nfl network that the miami dolphins have the NUMBER 1 strength of schedule in the leauge....the rest of the afc east the bills,jets,and pats are tied at 5th.....so everyone that thinks the dolphins have a easy schedule think again we might not have to travel to buffalo or new england this december but we by far have a easy schedule it is the number 1 as far as strength goes....that being said just wanted to let everyone know because knowing is half the battle!!! have a great day pepole and GO FINS!!!

I never said it was easy but I did say Miami would be 14-2 and that might be wrong but it is what I think. And shouldn't the superbowl winning team (the pats) have the hardest schedule this year?

SOS is subjective though... play an easy team at home in a trap game and that throws the SOS off. Everyone isn't really saying the SOS is easy... just the way the cards fell with getting home games in Dec. the late bye and whatnot. IMO that's better for a teams morale anyway... what a better way to make the playoffs, then to do it while playing stiff competition. Makes the chances of rolling over in the first game a little less (which IMO happens quite a bit with a cake-walk schedule). We wouldn't want the first decent team we play to be a playoff game... would we?

Also note that we could have had the exact same SOS with trips to Denver, NE, Jets, and Barf. in December rather than earlier in the year. I think that's a good example of why people think our schedule is favorable.

Yeah, I agree that the actual list of opponents is not easy, but the way the schedule was put together for the Dolphins was very fortunate.

Originally posted by nick19991
I never said it was easy but I did say Miami would be 14-2 and that might be wrong but it is what I think. And shouldn't the superbowl winning team (the pats) have the hardest schedule this year?
my thoughts exactly the pats won the super bowl but we got the hardest scedule as far as strength goes ...cant understand that maybe it does not work that way anymore...

Originally posted by tenndolfan
my thoughts exactly the pats won the super bowl but we got the hardest scedule as far as strength goes ...cant understand that maybe it does not work that way anymore...

I think it should by that way

The schedule (in terms of its strength) cannot be dictated by the schedule makers. The teams that play have been determined already for something like the next 8-10 years. A rotation around the league to make sure everyone plays everyone if you will. In that sense the schedule is set for quite a while, and a teams success or lack there of has no influence. What is not predetermined; however, is the dates and locations. That is what is decided apon each year.

Originally posted by nick19991

I think it should by that way
yes you are right if you win the super bowl you should pick last in the the draft (which that still happens thank god). and you should have the toughest schedule of any team..why we got the number one stength of schedule and not them is beyond me but ill take it this year...no trips up north in december is fine by me..

How about the fact that the Pats play 10-6 Miami twice (20-12) and the Dolphins play the 14-2 Pats twice (28-4)? That's an 8-game difference right there.....the only other differences in teams are the Pats play 12-4 Indy (Dolphins play 12-4 Tennessee, so a wash there), and the Pats play 13-3 KC (Dolphins play 10-6 Denver, so a 3-game difference for the Pats).....add it up and it's 5 games higher for the Dolphins.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
The schedule (in terms of its strength) cannot be dictated by the schedule makers. The teams that play have been determined already for something like the next 8-10 years. A rotation around the league to make sure everyone plays everyone if you will. In that sense the schedule is set for quite a while, and a teams success or lack there of has no influence. What is not predetermined; however, is the dates and locations. That is what is decided apon each year.
that is right just did not think about that....so winning the super bowl anymore does not affect the strength of your schedule....nuff said!!

that is right just did not think about that....so winning the super bowl anymore does not affect the strength of your schedule....nuff said!!

There are two games that contribute to the strength of schedule each year. So, the pats play two first-place teams... the dolphins play 2 second place teams.

The rest of the games are common between division rivals. One NFC division, one AFC division... so it make the division battles all the more important. Like someone else pointed out... the only reason our SOS is skewed is because we have to play the Pats twice with their 14-2 record.

But, if we take care of the teams in our division (including the Pats) it doesn't matter... as most of the other games are between common opponents.

...just to clear things up it was reported on espn and the nfl network that the miami dolphins have the NUMBER 1 strength of schedule in the leauge....the rest of the afc east the bills,jets,and pats are tied at 5th...

Do you have a link?

Back
Top Bottom