Strongest and Weakest positions in the draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strongest and Weakest positions in the draft.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
STRONGEST

Wide Recievers -- The draft is blessed with 7 receivers that could have their name called in the first round, which would be a record. The Receiver spot also has a great deal of depth.

Outside Linebackers -- There are three that could be first round picks, and up to 8 that could be selected on the first day of the draft. Very strong at the top, but the overall depth of the class is limited.

Cornerbacks -- Very good crop of cornerbacks with depth. A team will get a good corner on into the 5th round this year.

WEAKEST

Offensive Tackles -- There are only two first round tackles in this draft, and one has major question marks. There isn't much depth behind those two tackles either. This is probably the weakest position in the draft, so look for some teams to reach and take tackle prospects a round or two too early.

Defensive Ends -- IMO, there are only two legitimate first round end prospects. Much like the offensive tackles position, there isn't much depth, so look for some reaches. Players that are mid to late second round picks will become a late 1st in all likelyhood.

Offensive Guards -- I see one first rounder and only one rookie that will start in this group. The value at this position will be in the 4th and 5th round area, where teams will draft someone and develop them.

Centers -- This is typically a weak posiiton every year, but I see just one center that is worthy of a first day draft pick, and I'm not sure his future will lie at the center position. It is a possibility that this draft will produce no starting quality centers if Jake Grove gets moved to guard.

Just watched Gallery highlights on the NFL Network.

He was mauling every player for 10 to 15 yards.

:cry:

*group hug*

:cry:

strongest- receivers weakest- center, i mean after jake grove theres a drop off like the side of a cliff

I think the Draft is strong on talented quartersbacks but I don't know which quarterback will make a difference.

Strongest- receiver, cornerback linebacker
weakest- runningback, offensive line

KBISBACK said:
STRONGEST

Wide Recievers -- The draft is blessed with 7 receivers that could have their name called in the first round, which would be a record. The Receiver spot also has a great deal of depth.

Outside Linebackers -- There are three that could be first round picks, and up to 8 that could be selected on the first day of the draft. Very strong at the top, but the overall depth of the class is limited.

Cornerbacks -- Very good crop of cornerbacks with depth. A team will get a good corner on into the 5th round this year.

WEAKEST

Offensive Tackles -- There are only two first round tackles in this draft, and one has major question marks. There isn't much depth behind those two tackles either. This is probably the weakest position in the draft, so look for some teams to reach and take tackle prospects a round or two too early.

Defensive Ends -- IMO, there are only two legitimate first round end prospects. Much like the offensive tackles position, there isn't much depth, so look for some reaches. Players that are mid to late second round picks will become a late 1st in all likelyhood.

Offensive Guards -- I see one first rounder and only one rookie that will start in this group. The value at this position will be in the 4th and 5th round area, where teams will draft someone and develop them.

Centers -- This is typically a weak posiiton every year, but I see just one center that is worthy of a first day draft pick, and I'm not sure his future will lie at the center position. It is a possibility that this draft will produce no starting quality centers if Jake Grove gets moved to guard.
I agree for the most part. I think that the guards might turn out to be a little better that you think but I agree that only Smiley should go in round one.I also think that the DT position is pretty solid and I'm glad cos I think we can use one as well as the WR position where we can use one too.The o-line is weak and we need/could use some help there but I think that if we're gonna get help there is gonna have to be from a guard and not from a tackle.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom