Student Dies After Goal Post Pulled Down in Celebration | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Student Dies After Goal Post Pulled Down in Celebration

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
A 20-year-old University of Minnesota-Morris student was killed Saturday when football fans rushed onto the field and pulled down a goal post at the end of the school's homecoming game.

Richard Thomas Rose, of Benton City, Wash., was pronounced dead at a hospital after attempts to revive him on the field failed, school officials said. No one else was hurt.

Minnesota-Morris Chancellor Sam Schuman said it was not immediately clear how Rose died. "I think the presumption is that (his) death was caused by a blow from the goal post," he said.

University Police Sgt. Chuck Grussing said the department is working with the county coroner's office to investigate the death. He declined additional comment.

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20051023000409990020

One of my friend's brothers needed facial reconstructive surgery from getting his face smashed by a goal post following a game. :rolleyes:

It's very unfortunate that these incidents happened but I like the fact that every now and again the fans can run on the field and celebrate. With that said maybe tearing down the goal posts is to dangerous (and shouldn't ne done) but despite that I like allowing the fans to run on the field and celebrate a huge win every now and again!

Back
Top Bottom