"Styles Make Fights" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Styles Make Fights"

What I'm trying to say is that much like the sport of boxing, "styles make fights". In other words the way we are built, we matchup very well against Pittsburgh. We will be able to score plenty of points against them. If we pressure Big Ben and force him into a few errant throws (which he routinely throws) I fully expect us to beat them.

I do think our defensive strength, the pass rush of the front four, comes into play better against Pitt than offenses with mobile qbs like Buffalo or SF or quick pass attack like NE.

What I'm trying to say is that much like the sport of boxing, "styles make fights". In other words the way we are built, we matchup very well against Pittsburgh. We will be able to score plenty of points against them. If we pressure Big Ben and force him into a few errant throws (which he routinely throws) I fully expect us to beat them.

Oh.....I'm not sure I agree with this. We are terrible against the run and the Steelers have one of the best running backs in football. Ben is an elite QB and our short to intermediate pass coverage is not very good.

Our best shot is our Defensive line getting after Ben often and early. Do that and we have a chance.

I hope your right OP.....we have a shot, but it will be difficult.

Oh.....I'm not sure I agree with this. We are terrible against the run and the Steelers have one of the best running backs in football. Ben is an elite QB and our short to intermediate pass coverage is not very good.

Our best shot is our Defensive line getting after Ben often and early. Do that and we have a chance.

The style that Bell runs with... more patience and dance than a downhill runner I think (hope) matches better with the way our D line plays. The downhill type smashers are what scare me. Him lined up as a WR and catching passes out of the backfield is a great concern though.

I also seem to think that the Steelers are less likely to attempt to match up schemes. The Patriots and Ravens shredded our weaknesses. But a few years back in the playoffs after the Chiefs ( I think) and the Patriots showed at the end of the regular season how to beat the Broncos with Tebow. The Steelers walked into Denver and played their heavy blitz D and got beat in overtime on a blitz as Tebow threw a slant to Thomas for a quick 6.

Bell is a great running back but I don' think he had such a great game against us in the first game

Back
Top Bottom