Succession And Questions? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Succession And Questions?

NY8123

The Fixer
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I want to talk about something that has been in the back of my mind since Bill Parcells took the front VP job and brought in his gumba’s to run the show, succession plan. Let us assume two things and then hear me out: 1.) we are a winning franchise and the ship is righted (basically the future is so bright we gotta wear shades) and 2.) BP decides it is time to turn the reins over to a deserving successor like Ireland or some other able bodied individual.

Ok now hear me out, all the draft picks are working out, the games are piling up in the win coulomb and the contracts are in order so life is good. We have a great new front office with a squeaky clean VP and newly appointed GM and cap space to boot.

What stops Parcells from doing to us what he has to every other team he has left?
What stops him from taking one more rebuild project to absolutely cement his name with the likes of Shula, Landry and Lombardi?
What stops him from trying to sign talent away from our team like he has with so many others?
Do the players remain true to the Aqua and Orange or do they stay tight with BP and his philosophies?

What enables Bill to essential raid other teams of talent and get away with it? He has taken whole front offices with him to other franchises and what happens if he tells Sparano “hey I have a brand new vacancy in the GM office over here and oh by the way I will let you take a young assist with you to fill a vacant head coaching roll”. Stephen Ross is new to football and doesn’t know how to be the VP of everything football. He will without doubt bring in someone to head up the football operations and Carl Peterson frankly scares the living hell out of me. That man ran the Chiefs into the ground and has been mentioned and whispered to be in Ross’s pocket.

So I ask my question again if Ireland is not promoted after BP leaves and Ross fills the roll with one of his henchman what stops Bill from taking everything he worked to build? Why wouldn’t Ireland want to go with Bill if this scenario played out? Why wouldn’t Tony take a chance with Bill if this played out? Why would players stay loyal to a regime that is changing again and again and again? I really really hope Stephan Ross meant what he is quoted as saying when he said “I want to turn this franchise into the best football franchise in America”. I hope he realizes that Bill Parcells has forgotten more about football then he will ever know. I hope Ross realizes that we have a pretty good infrastructure in place to build on (look at the blue print, win in the trenches and the rest will come. 1st in the ground game, 2nd in preventing it). I hope for once we as a team can have some continuity and leave things alone long enough to let it work, instead of thinking you can make it work by turning over new leaves every year.

Maybe I worry too much about the long term or maybe it is just my nature to expect the best but plan for the worst or maybe I want to say I watched Miami win a super bowl and not just say I watched them play in one. What ever it is I hope we are on the verge of great things and not on the verge of changing things. :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom