Sugar from S***: the Hudson Houck Effect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sugar from S***: the Hudson Houck Effect

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Hypothetical: how much improvement do you think HH could make in our offensive line if no changes in personnel were made?

i'm sure that with good training and a decent blocking scheme, this line could have some improvement. i still think we need to get a better center and move mckinney though.

With HH coming aboard what happens with DMac? HH kinda already cut him once, but DMac really started to come along at the end of the season, after coming back from an injury and no training camp. At center i believe Rabach from the Ravens and Tobeck from the Seahawks are both fa's...Although Tobeck is a little long in the tooth but could be a good stop gap option.

I think there's some talent there, so we should see real improvement. Wise was an awful OL coach, and Houck is one of the best, so there should be some improvement from that alone. However, they probably need to upgrade over McKinney, who is not the answer unless the question is "who's the biggest turnstile on the line?" They also need to find out what they have in Vernon Carey.

I think a big diff, even w/ no change in players. His reputation is for making a decent line w/ poor or inexperineced players. He also has done it on several teams w/ various QB's and offensive schemes. I dont think he is anything like our last guy who just didnt seem to know how to get his players ready.

I remember the start of the year.....it was horrible. I remember the dazed look on Wades face when defenders would just smoke around him. I also remember the fact that we never seemed to adjust until it was too late.

Yep, HH will make a diff particularly if we can make Carey a starter and maybe get 1 or 2 good O linemen in the draft/FA. The folks on the San Diego boards are just sick that they lost him..... :D

We have more than some talent on the offensive line right now. I think with proper coaching and continuity this line has the potential to be great. My biggest concern is at the Center position because McKinney has said himself that he has problems with line calls. I think McIntosh will stay as a backup to the LT spot.. When we picked up McIntosh we essentially picked up someone elses's trash. I am intrigued most by Wade Smith and Vernon Carey - two young guys with a lot of potential whose minds haven't been in the game. I think Houck will, hopefully, bring out their potential.

Back
Top Bottom