Suggestion for all camp reporters.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suggestion for all camp reporters....

grooves12

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Just a little suggestion for you guys that are nice enough to report what you are seeing at camp....

It would be nice if at the beginning of your post you can list the DATE and SESSION for the report you are posting.

Replies to these posts make it jumbled around here and it is hard to tell when the session being reported on actually occured. Plus, this makes it easier for us to tell if we are hearing conflicting opinions on performances, or if the players were performing differently in different sessions.

True. Would be cool if like there was one person people could send their reports too and it got collected somewhere and displayed by date and person. I'd do it but I don't have a website or any place to display.

Perhaps we can start a sticky thread at the top with only administrators having access to post, and it could be managed there??

Admins??

I'll put the date, and session I visit from now on....

I usually don't get to post until the day after, so i can see why it's so confusing for the fans on here....

Good request...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Another suggestion

In the local paper here, the Redskin beat reporter list a winner and loser for the day. This is mainly about players on the bubble or fighting for a starting job. This is done seperately from the his daily column about the practice. Just a suggestion.

I would be willing

I would be willing to do it, where I post everyones report on a website..I would be willing to get the domain DolphinsTCReports.com or DolphinsTrainingCampReports.com

Let me know

Jonathan

Originally posted by grooves12
Perhaps we can start a sticky thread at the top with only administrators having access to post, and it could be managed there??

Admins??
AFAIK, I can stick/unstick, but anyone can post to the thread

Can't you lock the thread, so that way only Admins have the right to post after it has been stickied??

Yes we can do that, but my question to you is why? We can start a thread with the title, 'Daily Camp Reports" and then anyone who has a report, can simply write it up, make sure you put the date and which session you attended, and post it in there.

Then we will just not post our comments in that thread. Leave it for the reporters, and open a new thread if you want to discuss what happened.

Simple.

So rock on guys, unless of course you really just want us to do it...lol

Do you think people would really be smart enough (bills fans included) to keep their comments out of a thread for the next 6 weeks?? :)

I don't know it just seems like too many things can happen with it set up like that. The easiest way would be for an admin to repost it up top, that way there is a thread with the original message, which everyone can comment in, and one which will have all reports archived and available for the duration of training camp for us to go back and look to, if we wish, or happen to not have access to the internet for some period of time.

Back
Top Bottom