Suggestion....for the Other sports forum | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suggestion....for the Other sports forum

Alex44

Chicago Bears GM
Reaction score
Maybe we should have subforums for all the sports in there......major ones anyway (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey) and then use the main Other Sports forum for things that come around every so often (World Cup, World Baseball classic, Olympic Basketball) etc....

I mean with all the people here every team has an 'Official thread'

So if you take Baseball and Basketball alone thats about 60 'Official' threads...plus all the trade news for every sport and etc.....it makes it hard to find what your looking for sometimes

Dont know how realistic of an idea it is, or if it would make much of a difference, just thought Id give the idea

You can't go crazy with subforums or else they'll end up being pretty much useless. For instance, you wouldn't want to make a subforum for every league and then every team within them.

I'd think it might be best just to create a baseball subforum right now on a test basis. Hockey and Basketball are over until the fall. If that flies, perhaps make a basketball one in the fall. Hockey could probably just exist in the main forum.

Jimmy James said:
You can't go crazy with subforums or else they'll end up being pretty much useless. For instance, you wouldn't want to make a subforum for every league and then every team within them.

I'd think it might be best just to create a baseball subforum right now on a test basis. Hockey and Basketball are over until the fall. If that flies, perhaps make a basketball one in the fall. Hockey could probably just exist in the main forum.

Well not go crazy with them of course, but if you make one for basketball that can account for International basketball not just NBA

The Other Sports main forum could also be used for things like Arena Football and alternative football other than NFL

Like I said just a suggestion, maybe have a test baseball forum like you said and see what happens

I have to say I really like the suggestion.

I have always kind of wondered why there weren't Heat and Marlins subforums here, personally. Same for the 'Canes.

I like it the way it is. I've been in there a lot for the World Cup, and we've had PT make official world cup threads each game. It's easy for us to find out where all the world cup guys are culminating.

Being in the forum, I've had the opportunity to read some threads and find some tidbits I wouldn't normally see if there was a forum solely for just the World Cup.

I like the fact there's a range of sports in there. It's a fresh change from the more specific forums e.g. College Football, Dolphins.

Oh I get it, complain about forums being too crowded.... come up with a solution, like creating subforums.....I make subforums....everyone posts in the wrong forums.....I give out points......people complain......and I get fired.

No thanks. :refuse:

j/k, it might not be a bad idea, we'll consider it.:)

Jimmy James said:
I have to say I really like the suggestion.

I have always kind of wondered why there weren't Heat and Marlins subforums here, personally. Same for the 'Canes.
Because it's a Miami Dolphins website....not Miami sports.

A lot of us couldn't care less about the Marlins, Heat, or Canes. ;)

Go Red Sox!
Go Sixers!!
Go Gators!!!

inFINSible said:
Because it's a Miami Dolphins website....not Miami sports.

A lot of us couldn't care less about the Marlins, Heat, or Canes. ;)

Go Red Sox!
Go Sixers!!
Go Gators!!!

I know a lot of us couldn't care less about them, but it seems to me that we have much more than the normal amount of fans of each of those teams. When I watched baseball before the strike, I rooted on my Red Sox. I still root on my Spurs. I also strongly root on the Tide. I just figured there would be enough demand for the other Miami sports presences.

Alex44 said:
Maybe we should have subforums for all the sports in there......major ones anyway (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey) and then use the main Other Sports forum for things that come around every so often (World Cup, World Baseball classic, Olympic Basketball) etc....

I mean with all the people here every team has an 'Official thread'

I agree with that. I was just in that forum today, and it's annoying as hell. All the damn "official" threads, so anything else posted gets pushed down quickly.

Jimmy James said:

If hockey and basketball are over, then I recommend the Miami Heat thread be unpinned.

Back
Top Bottom