Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick

I'm not a fan of the DTs at 21, I just don't see the value in this year's class in the high 20's.

There is prob at least one Probowl olinemen on the board at 21 and one of the WRs left may end up being a Hall of famer. This draft is so loaded at WR I could see 4 or 5 guys making it to the HOF from this class. Everyone before the draft wants to talk about the 6 great QB prospects but in 10 years from now we will be talking about the WRs from this class.
That's true. I'm first trying to trade down and pick up an additional 2/3rd but then I'm going OL or WR with my first and maybe second pick and follow that up with a DT later.

That's true. I'm first trying to trade down and pick up an additional 2/3rd but then I'm going OL or WR with my first and maybe second pick and follow that up with a DT later.
Ohh yeah, I agree, if we could trade down with each of our original picks this year I'd be down.

This draft class is prob the best draft in 3 to 4 years, maybe longer. The more picks the better.

I'm watching the Chargers very closely, im almost positive they trade down, Harbough has been recruiting/interviewing this years draft class for the last 4 years. On paper he should have a HUGE advantage in this draft, almost unprecedented in NFL history when you factor in how NIL changed the way college coaches went from recruiting players to basically offering them contracts. Harbough had to be studying so many of these guys, trying to get them to transfer to Michigan, hes probabaly got dossiers an inch thick on most these prospects.

All over the map, players and positions. I am still of the mind, if there is a decent veteran guard available at a reasonable price, sign him, and put yourself in a position to go BPA at the draft:

Yep BPA. Miami's gonna need talented DT was well since losing Wilkins too. If the bpa that falls to miami at 21 is DT over an OL player, then I say go with DT. Still more needs obviously than OL

Yep BPA. Miami's gonna need talented DT was well since losing Wilkins too. If the bpa that falls to miami at 21 is DT over an OL player, then I say go with DT. Still more needs obviously than OL
I just like JPJ and Mims more than the DTs. If Murphy was there at 21, I'd consider it but I'd still prob take JPJ or Mims.

Miami Dolphins

Top three needs: DT, G, WR. Defensive tackle is arguably the Dolphins' biggest need after the first few weeks of free agency. They signed several players at a bargain after losing Christian Wilkins and Raekwon Davis, but it remains to be seen whether any of them project into the team's long-term plans.

Not far behind is offensive guard, where Miami re-signed Isaiah Wynn but still has a hole on the right side after Robert Hunt's departure. Finally, Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle remain one of the best wide receiver tandems in the NFL, but with limited depth, the Dolphins will be in a bind if either misses time. So while receiver may not be the biggest priority in the draft, it should be addressed by the time training camp begins. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Prospect to fill a need outside Round 1: Christian Haynes, G, UConn. With only one Day 2 pick, Miami can address the Hunt loss with Haynes, who has allowed five pressures and zero sacks over the past two seasons. And Haynes is capable of playing any interior spot. -- Reid

I think the perfect prospect for us is Troy Fautanu knowing all our dynamics in play and what his skillset has to offer relative to our needs this year an next year, and the direction we want to go, we have two 3rd round comp picks, lets use one to move up if we can.

Miami Dolphins

Top three needs: DT, G, WR. Defensive tackle is arguably the Dolphins' biggest need after the first few weeks of free agency. They signed several players at a bargain after losing Christian Wilkins and Raekwon Davis, but it remains to be seen whether any of them project into the team's long-term plans.

Not far behind is offensive guard, where Miami re-signed Isaiah Wynn but still has a hole on the right side after Robert Hunt's departure. Finally, Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle remain one of the best wide receiver tandems in the NFL, but with limited depth, the Dolphins will be in a bind if either misses time. So while receiver may not be the biggest priority in the draft, it should be addressed by the time training camp begins. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Prospect to fill a need outside Round 1: Christian Haynes, G, UConn. With only one Day 2 pick, Miami can address the Hunt loss with Haynes, who has allowed five pressures and zero sacks over the past two seasons. And Haynes is capable of playing any interior spot. -- Reid
if were talking biggest need for our team and its future is a lineman who has the ceiling to be all pro at guard and tackle, for obvious reasons.

I think the perfect prospect for us is Troy Fautanu knowing all our dynamics in play and what his skillset has to offer relative to our needs this year an next year, and the direction we want to go, we have two 3rd round comp picks, lets use one to move up if we can.
It might take more than the Fins' 2025 3rd rounder to move up in this year's 1st. Probably more like next year's 2nd plus more depending on the move. Maybe even a future first plus to move into top 10. Byproduct of Miami expected to have low picks next year and the richness of 1st round talent this year.

It might take more than the Fins' 2025 3rd rounder to move up in this year's 1st. Probably more like next year's 2nd plus more depending on the move. Maybe even a future first plus to move into top 10. Byproduct of Miami expected to have low picks next year and the richness of 1st round talent this year.
caveat if he gets past 15

All over the map, players and positions. I am still of the mind, if there is a decent veteran guard available at a reasonable price, sign him, and put yourself in a position to go BPA at the draft:

I’ve already gone on record and continue to believe that if Brian Thomas, WR, LSU drops to 21 we are taking him. Yeah it’s not a lineman but it’s definitely a need pick.

like the player i dont think we have enough draft capital to deal more of it away again

I havent seen him projected into the top 10...

personally I wouldnt want to give up a 2nd (or more) but a comp 3rd, meh ok

@djphinfan any concerns about him not being able to play OT at the next level? He seems pretty solid from what I've seen/read

I havent seen him projected into the top 10...

personally I wouldnt want to give up a 2nd (or more) but a comp 3rd, meh ok

@djphinfan any concerns about him not being able to play OT at the next level? He seems pretty solid from what I've seen/read
I have no concerns with him being a left tackle Trav.

He’s so balanced with good power out of his stance, has excellent Kung food hands in the trenches and wins a lot of reps just with his hand technique.

He’s athletic as hell, and what I love about him in the run game is he can center an opponent on the run, that is so key with these big men. Zero’ing in on the core of a moving target, Next level type stuff.

I don’t think we’ll have any shot at him, it’s a 1 2 battle who goes first with Alt imo, but if he dropped to 15 I would give up a 3rd next year, perhaps an additional 6th this year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom