Sun Article Rips Griese | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sun Article Rips Griese

I'd read this earlier, I didn't take it as rough critism, as I took it as more to the fact, that's where Brian is at. I would say it's probably a good assessment as to where he's at with learning the system..as the article points out he'll get plenty of reps in PS to bring him up to par..He didn't come in early, so he's defintely behind..

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't exactly say they "ripped" him. Reported what happened in camp with a bit of commentary is more like it.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I'd read this earlier, I didn't take it as rough critism, as I took it as more to the fact, that's where Brian is at. I would say it's probably a good assessment as to where he's at with learning the system..as the article points out he'll get plenty of reps in PS to bring him up to par..He didn't come in early, so he's defintely behind..

i agree, i dont feel he was ripped at all. is it not natural to not know something when you learned different terminology somewhere else? that stuff is embedded in your brain. now you have to erase and recompute the new stuff. not easy. then he has to get used to new recievers and deal with a defense that will be in his face all day. they are not going to give griese any freebees. he will have to perform. those who thinnk griese is a much better QB than fiedler have another thing coming. its not all mechanics and an arm.

The sun just posted what was accurate. Griese didn't play well and he never said he did. He'll get it once he has the terminology. I still think he'll push Jay to be better. That only helps the O.

"Coach's initial slip-up

Coach Dave Wannstedt accidentally said last week that Jason Taylor would miss minicamp because he was on a UFO tour. It was a USO trip to visit Marines in Kuwait. ..."

:lol:

Originally posted by justafan
"Coach's initial slip-up

Coach Dave Wannstedt accidentally said last week that Jason Taylor would miss minicamp because he was on a UFO tour. It was a USO trip to visit Marines in Kuwait. ..."

Yea I thought that was pretty funny too... :)

Originally posted by justafan
"Coach's initial slip-up

That UFO was Junior Seau flying through a blitzing package. It was unidentified because it's been so long since a Phins LB even knew what a blitzing package WAS!!

What is this "blitz" thing u are reffering too??? As for Griese he's been in the organization for 1-2 weeks, what did u expect him to know so far??? Sounds to me from all the articles I've read he's doin a pretty damn good job so far. Anyone that was expecting him to come in here and take the starting job as soon as he signed were not being realistic. Other Qb's like his replacement in Denver have been there learning for alot longer then Griese and are still having some trouble too. Hell according to PFT(not sure how much u can believe off of that site) Kordell is clueless in Chicago. Griese is a smart guy and will catch on to the offense quickly, nothing to worry about here. He should be well prepared by the time hes needed if Fiedler goes down again.

Alex did say something like Griese may just be showing his propensity :D for TOs more than his lack of understanding of the system. That's a bit of rip if you ask me...

I just hope that BG2 can get his mental act together fast because I still want to see lots of Sage in the PS and not have Brian getting all the 3rd team snaps as well as 2nd.

I found the article to be quite negative. And really that was the only opinion I've seen that was so critical. From being there myself and from all the other reports and articles I read he did not have as bad of a showing as that author made it apperar. There was not 1 positive comment and he did many things well from what I saw.

You don't expect a player with only 3 practices to be great and to have learn the termanology yet, so to harp on it sounds like the author had it in for him.

"whether the interceptions Griese threw in each of his first three practices were the result of inexperience in a new system or the disturbing penchant for turnovers he had the past two seasons in Denver"

Doesn't sound like he was give a clean slate to me. Sounds biased!

Originally posted by Dude
Pretty rough critism for only his first three day camp.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvez24jun24,0,3574983.column

And Griese got Marino's locker??? interesting...

I don't see where they ripped Griese at all.
Did you get a different edition of the paper?

It's simply pointing out that there is no way this guy could be expected to come in and learn the system in the time alloted before the season starts. That he will go through some growing pains in learning it and we'll have to wait and see how good he could be as he progresses.

How is that ripping????? :huh:

Maybe just motivation therapy, players wnat a qb to show some fiery response to that kind of critisicm, Griese needs to be more aggressive in ALL phases, from what he says to how he works out and the decision he makes on the field.

Too early to tell, but the guy has to sense that and go with it. Nice guys finish last...Griese being too nice.

I do not understand why people are making a big deal of Griese struggling..with 3 practices with the team.

oh crap i think we should cut griese now, and bring back wonder boy lucas cause he was the bomb in practice, tc. and pre season.:barf:

Back
Top Bottom