Sunday Camp Report - w/ Pics! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Camp Report - w/ Pics!

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, I went to Sunday's practice and I grabbed my digital camera on the way out the door. Check the link at the bottom for the pics.

DISCLAIMER:
I am no football guru or photographer. The comments are just general observations and the pics are more to show people who have never been to a practice what it's like then that they're such great shots...

OBSERVATIONS:
My overall observation is that the Offence looked much worse then the Defence. There were some nice catches by the receivers, but overall a lot of passes hit the grass and the coverage was usually pretty good. The offence looked like mid 2002, out of sync, but there were a couple of sparks. I go to the camps/practices a lot and the increase in team speed is noticable.

PLAYERS:
Jay - Looked OK. Passes looked tight and had velocity but many went uncaught.
Lon Sherrif - looked good! Best of the QB's. High completion ratio.

McKnight - 1 nice catch no drops - didn't stand out at all though
Thompson - 1 drop - I think the defender shielded his view b/c it hit him in the hands then shoulder and he was slow to adjust. Rest of the day he was impressive. Had a deep sideline ball he jumped for that was 30+ yards and a great catch. Body twisting snag over the middle ala OG and at least 2 other nice catches. He's big and didn't look slow at all. A great pick-up for us.
JR Tolver - STUD! Had several nice catches - 1 over the middle he laid out for that was beautiful. no drops - velcro for hands!
Sam Simmons - Made at least 2 nice catches - no drops i saw - seemed to standout some

TE Donald Lee - #'s say he is same size as McMichael, looks same standing next to him, but plays bigger. He looks huge running around. Had 2 drops - 1 easy, 1 would have been a nice catch - had 2 good catches

RW - he's ready to play a game tomorrow. Ran great! He looked soooo fast. Beat everyone to the corner on one play, Made a great cut after a short catch on another. He looked like a Thoroughbred out of the gates. He was exciting.
Dyer - made 1 nice catch

Seau - plays quick. Always moving. Other LBs are waiting to react, he's already in motion. Sniffs out running plays fast.
Zack - Would have killed Thompson in a game on a reverse that went no where.

Buckley - got a few yells of "Welcome Home" that he acknowleged to the crowd. I didn't see him get beat once.

My GF's comments:
1) Duffus was yapping a lot. Translates to - Wanny was very vocal on the field yelling X's & O's more then normal. I noticed it too. Seems everyone's feeling the pressure... good.
2) Sam Simmons is great - Well he did make a couple of good grabs but she only cheered louder for him when I told her he probably won't be around long.
3) Lon Sherrif is cute - great...

That's all I can remember. If I get positive feedback about the pics and all I'll do it again. Maybe with a cam with better zoom. If not I had a blast playing Mel Kiper Jr. for a day.

BTW - Huge props to the AP photographers that always have that perfect shot on the front page of the sport's page. I thought I had at least 10 aswome shots only to find on most it was hard to even find the ball. Like a lot of things in life, it is much harder then it looks.

Let me know what you guys think.

For PICS - Go to http://www.iwatchlive.com/dolphins/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the insight...and the pics...this 'ol Kentucky boy wishes he was in Miami! :D

...and WELCOME TO THE FINHEAVEN FORUM!

Great. Drew and Jason Rosenhaus talking to the cheerleaders in Pic #7. Is there no justice in this world??

thanks dude!, dude nice work....oh and welcome dude....BTW, cool name dude.

P.S. Dude, those pics were awsome!

If Drew moves in on Amber, I'll kick his ass.

Thanks for the pics and report. :)

Very nice. Thanks,,that Jay going deep, incomplete..I hope he can change that this year..

cool pictures.....I gotta ask Ozzy but that Drew Rosenhaus looks alot like the guy I was talking to all day Saturday.....He said his name was Angel, but he kinda smirked when I asked him....hmmmmm

"RW - he's ready to play a game tomorrow. Ran great! He looked soooo fast. Beat everyone to the corner on one play, Made a great cut after a short catch on another. He looked like a Thoroughbred out of the gates. He was exciting."

RW and his ability to get outside was the most stunning thing about him last year, i never saw a rb in the NFL to get outside so easily like he did all year long

GREAT Pics! You have to go with the cheerleaders as #1, despite the fact that they were talking to Rosenhaus! ;)

But, really enjoyed the formation shots and the ones where they were just about to take off. Gives a better flavor of the camp than the newspaper pics, imo. Also liked the shots of the new guys (Moore and 57 would be Jenkins, I believe). More shots of new guys as they appear would be great (the OL's and others).

Keep 'em coming when you get a chance. Wish I was down there to go. Thanks again.

Thx

Thanks everyone for the support.

I'll try to get to the practices as much as time allows.

Go Fins!

Thanks for the insight and photos, dude.

Originally posted by Muck
Great. Drew and Jason Rosenhaus talking to the cheerleaders in Pic #7. Is there no justice in this world??

:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom