Sunday Football Thread | Page 123 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Football Thread

Just wait. Lamar's season ending injury inbound in the next two games.
I don’t wish injury on anyone (neither are you) but I think you’re probably right. He plays to way too much contact and he isn’t the biggest guy. If he plays all 17 plus I’d be shocked.

It's always his WRs drop passes or everyone around him is hurt or his coach sucks or herbert playing hurt or chargers have no home-field lol

He’s the anti Tua for this and so many other reasons. There’s just some guys the national media and twitter fans protect and some they choose to relentlessly attack without logic or merit. It’s baffling.

I think either Jim Harbaugh or Bill Belichick will be the Chargers head coach next year.
Not even they can make Herbie successful. How many coaches with the chargers go through until they realize Herbie is a big part of the problem too?

Not even they can make Herbie successful. How many coaches with the chargers go through until they realize Herbie is a big part of the problem too?
The only thing I would say to argue that point is look at Tua before McDaniel got here compared to after he got here. It has been a night and day difference. So the same thing could happen to Herbert if they brought in the right coach.

I have an idea

Send McDermott to Sam Diego and staley to buffalo

McDermott is out of chances. This is why they created the Rooney rule. To keep guys like McDermott (And Frank Reich) from getting more chances than they deserve.

He didn't deserve to get the Buffalo job to begin with. Its not his fault, its the owners mistake.

The only thing I would say to argue that point is look at Tua before McDaniel got here compared to after he got here. It has been a night and day difference. So the same thing could happen to Herbert if they brought in the right coach.
This is true. Herbert needs to get the ball out faster, like Tua. Does he have the processing ability? Maybe, maybe not. But make his reads easier and get the ball out faster. He just holds the ball way too long.

So you’re telling me if Miami had Herbert and The Chargers had Tua they’d be a playoff team and Miami would be struggling?

That is a good point but I do disagree somewhat. You must have the intangibles to be great, which Tua has always had and Herbert has always lacked. It would be like saying the right coach could make Ryan Tannehill great. I don’t think that’s possible because he, like Herbert, is lacking certain things that great players typically posses. It would take the perfect coach, perfect roster, and perfect schedule all to make that happen. Even then would it last or be another one year wonder?

So you’re telling me if Miami had Herbert and The Chargers had Tua they’d be a playoff team and Miami would be struggling?

This roster was constructed to compliment Tua just like Herbert’s was to compliment him. So no I don’t think you could swap these QBs and get similar results. However it’s quite clear that Tua would win more in either situation because he’s already proven he can do that. I don’t think Herbert would find as more success here because he couldn’t run mcds scheme. Herbert struggles to process the field and throw with timing and anticipation. That’s why I think he wouldn’t be very good in this offense and likely would win less than Tua.

Back
Top Bottom