Sunday Jackson Chatter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Jackson Chatter

I dont think stills was limited by route combinations...i think he and everyone else was limited by scheme, distance to the sticks which is a huge deal in terms of quality production and not empty numbers from skill players, and like everything else on o he was limited by oline play

Which has been god awful and scheme could have helped but it was so poor personnel wise we couldnt have hided vs quality playoff level defences with any consistency

If you got two guys on your oline giving you worst in the league return on the oline and you are a pocket progression based o and pocket progression based qb you are ****ed...thats the bottom line...i dont care who you are as a qb

Theres no way you can find consistency high end play as a qb under that scenario

There's no way Stills had only two drops. I remember some stat sites claiming Cameron had extremely low drop numbers but anyone who watched him knew he dropped too many last year. I'm sure most people would have issue with how 'drops' are defined with these.

There's no way Stills had only two drops. I remember some stat sites claiming Cameron had extremely low drop numbers but anyone who watched him knew he dropped too many last year. I'm sure most people would have issue with how 'drops' are defined with these.

"Catchable" is subjective and obviously depends on your bias for or against the QB and, to a lesser extent, the WR.

"Catchable" is subjective and obviously depends on your bias for or against the QB and, to a lesser extent, the WR.

I wouldn't say QB bias plays into it so much, but that's just me personally. There'll always be people trying to skew what happens on the field to fit their set narrative.

"Catchable" is definitely subjective, and my issue is a lot of sites that track it are too generous to the WR.. Obviously it's impossible to perfectly define a drop, but when Stills is being credited with 2 on the year something's up.

I wouldn't say QB bias plays into it so much, but that's just me personally. There'll always be people trying to skew what happens on the field to fit their set narrative.

"Catchable" is definitely subjective, and my issue is a lot of sites that track it are too generous to the WR.. Obviously it's impossible to perfectly define a drop, but when Stills is being credited with 2 on the year something's up.

A ball not being catchable is typically a statement about the QB (often taken out of context too, given that it doesn't account for QB pressure), which is often unacceptable. You're going to get a lot more pro-QB bias than pro-WR bias, usually centered on what the WR could have done to catch the ball. Not sure that's even debatable and it's probably not limited to the Dolphins. All you have to do is find video of a few of those drops you mention and post them. Stills will be nitpicked to death and any comment on the throw itself will be met with harsh criticism.

Regardless, I think he and the offense in general are in a better position to succeed this year, so I really don't care about stats and whatnot from last year. All they prove is that we stuck with a **** coach for a year too long, per usual.

To back up Gonzo on QBs being control freaks, I've seen interviews with Joe Montana where he was asked how he'd handle the situation if he had to deal with WRs today complaining about not getting enough touches, his response was if one of his WRs did that, they wouldn't get another touch the whole season.

To back up Gonzo on QBs being control freaks, I've seen interviews with Joe Montana where he was asked how he'd handle the situation if he had to deal with WRs today complaining about not getting enough touches, his response was if one of his WRs did that, they wouldn't get another touch the whole season.

Yea right, like Jerry Rice didn't lobby for the ball. Look at NFL film for the 49ers. Come on Joe, it easy to say when you don't really have to make that decision today.

Back
Top Bottom