Super Bowl Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Dolphins

DAWUSS

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you see the Dolphins as a possible Super Bowl contender this year? I mean, they won't make like 1972 (though you all dream), but do you think they'll go all the way to Houston and possibly take home another ring?

I think based on talent they have as much chance as any other team in the league... I think they're actually in the best position thay have been in since Wannstedt arrived... I think it's a really strong possibility that we'll make it...

(I'm not gonna say WE WILL MAKE IT, 'cuz I'm superstitious as hell)

Man are you kidding.

I think the Fins are going to make it every year. I mean I trully believe it. Feel it in my heart. Every year I know in my heart that they have what it takes to win it all and Most years they do but due to injuries and other things such as lack of focus or whatever you call what happens at the end of the year to them.

The talent is there but now they have to do it out on the field. I said this last year before the regular season started and I'll say it again now, It'll all come down to 3 things just like last year.
Turnovers as in don't turn the ball over and get some on defence.
Penalties as in don't make the stupid ones that kills the drives or keep the other teams drive going.
And last but not least, Injuries as in we need to stay healthy. I think this year we have some decent depth but to win it all we need our top players to stay healthy.

Last year we did fair(not great) at protecting the football and not so good at taking it away.
We had some bad penalties on both offence and defence.
When Jay got hurt the whole team seemed to have lost the momentum. I think Ray had a lot to do with it of course.

We have the talent but we need those 3 things to work for us imo.

Originally posted by Danny

Penalties as in don't make the stupid ones that kills the drives or keep the other teams drive going.

While I agree the other 2 are just important, this one seems to kill them, I don't know how many times I sat there and watched the Fins make a big play to stop the other team's offense only to have it ruined by a penalty, same thing on the other side of the ball. It's as frustrating as hell watching that you just want to reach into the screen and smack somebody. :lol:

But anyway, that is something they have complete control over, and need to fis in order to take the next step.

Talent-wise, this is the most talented team, all the way around, In over a decated imo. I think the defense is the best since probably the early 70's and the offense is better than almost all the defenses that played along with Marion in his prime.

So, yes, I think we have a legite shot.

Keys:
1) Health. This is always the most important factor. The teams that make it a) remain relatively healthy, and b) are fortunate to have injuries at spots where the reserve player really excells when he comes in.

2) Learn to dominate and attack. Not just getting off to a good start (we generally do, especially at home in 1st half of the season), but our defense must dominate some good teams, to build confidence and a dominating attitude. Also, we need to continue to improve through the season, rather than starting out at the top and regressing.

I like our chances.

I'd say a lot of the reasons we get penalties is due to our CB's playing so aggressive..

We seem to get quite a few penalties (important ones) in that area (usually from Madison). Sometimes is a legit call, but sometimes it's ridiculous. The penalties seem to either only come to keep drives alive on 3rd downs or if they're around the 30 or so :fire:

they are never gonna not win a super bowl again :)

why would you say that? heck, they might even go undefeated again (though it's like at a mere 2%)!

Back
Top Bottom