Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

KC is beatable, the only real issue is giving Mahomes the ball at the end of the game with a chance to beat you.

In reality the Chiefs should've went the entire 60 minute regulation without an offensive TD if not for a ST's gaffe.

I whole heartedly believe the Lions would've beaten the Chiefs in that game yesterday. Detroit's OL can do what most can't, move people.

Brock Purdy faced way too much pressure for their liking. While he's not special, he's decent and did an adequate job. Deebo had a HUGE 4th quarter drop.

KC doesn't win the Super Bowl, or even get there, without some exceptional play from their defense. McDuffie, Sneed and C.Jones were big.

This true. McDaniel has shown he can design a great offense, but he has been a poor in game playcaller. Especially when Ds change up he just doesn't change anything. While Reid showed again why he is the best play caller in the NFL Especially as the game goes on. Mahomes is great but damn how many time late were guys schemed wide open.

One thing Mcd SHOULD HAVE learned is top OCs call boring games. I know it's a cliche, but take what the D gives you. Attach weaknesses. That type of play-calling wins games. Every play doesn't have to go 20 yds.
The one surprise I saw was Purdy attacking KC's best CBs.

I can’t really focus on beating Mahomes when we can’t even beat Josh Allen. Slay that dragon first.

I’m going to be rooting hard for Herbert , Harbaugh and the Chargers to make life more difficult for the Chiefs.

Watch what Brett Veach does in the draft for the Chiefs. They’re now in position to focus on playmakers for an entire draft if the want.
I’m sure they have defensive contracts that are up

Does watching this game make you think the Dolphins are close, or not close?
-I think both defenses tougher
-Both QBs made plays with their legs, especially Mahomes
-Mahomes used his height and size to his advantage as well
-Both QBs were disciplined game managers, were patient, and did not force things. Mahomes only mistake was a physical one, just a missed throw, but he went to an open receiver with the ball and just airmailed it. Dolphins seem to force it too much on offense sometimes. There are times when being a game manager is ok
-Reid's playcalling was really good when it mattered most

I am sure there is more people can add. I am just throwing out a few things. Oddly, I didn't think this game was clean or particularly well played, which makes you think the Dolphins could have hung with either team. On the other hand, if you rolled the Dolphins out there, something tells me this years incarnation of the team would not have made a game of it
Not close, any team that woke up this morning and thought, "were close" didn't watch the game yesterday.

This Chiefs team had the worst skill position players of any Superbowl champion and Mahomes willed them to a Super Bowl victory. We're all screwed. This guy is so far ahead of every other NFL QB currently playing its laughable.

Maybe next year they make the Chiefs play with 10 players on offense, that might give everyone else a chance.

KC is beatable, the only real issue is giving Mahomes the ball at the end of the game with a chance to beat you.

In reality the Chiefs should've went the entire 60 minute regulation without an offensive TD if not for a ST's gaffe.

I whole heartedly believe the Lions would've beaten the Chiefs in that game yesterday. Detroit's OL can do what most can't, move people.

Brock Purdy faced way too much pressure for their liking. While he's not special, he's decent and did an adequate job. Deebo had a HUGE 4th quarter drop.

KC doesn't win the Super Bowl, or even get there, without some exceptional play from their defense. McDuffie, Sneed and C.Jones were big.
Chiefs secondary is what our secondary should look like. They are 1/8th the cost and 8x better than our old busted overpriced corners.

Last off season Tua bulked up. Now he needs to slim down a little and give himself a better chance at picking up some first downs with his legs.

Remember when he was the No.1 "dual" threat QB in his recruiting class?

He'll never be able to move like Mahomes or Allen but he's gotta work on it just enough to make a slight improvement in that area. Its becoming a vital part of QBing.

What this game showed/confirmed again, is something most football fans already know. And that is, that Nothing matters more than the play of the QB.

How far are our dolphins?
I’d say very far!!! Do we have a QB that can do anything close to what this Mahomes guy does? Does any team?

KC Dynasty just began, he said after the game. Young team, 28 year old QB who has three rings, and whole lot of draft picks. I believe him!! No one else is winning a Super Bowl any time soon.

They have all their picks in each round and some additional picks in like the 7th round of 2025. Not loaded with picks.

Gonna be huge what happens with Chris Jones and Snead this offseason. Willie Gay and Drue Tranquill also notable. I’d like to sign their punter who is also a FA lol.

We aren't close. If our entire team had remained healthy the entire year (an impossibility), we could have challenged them. Now, with so many players that are free agents, no cap space to resign them or replace them and limited draft picks, it drops us out of that contention.

They have all their picks in each round and some additional picks in like the 7th round of 2025. Not loaded with picks.

Gonna be huge what happens with Chris Jones and Snead this offseason.
They have 24 mil in cap space. They can cut MVS and save another 12 mil. They can resign both of those guys or replace one in the draft. I bet they have restructures like people keep saying we do that could save them even more money.

Need to pluck a couple of more 49er players.

Like who? Bosa and Warner at this point would be the only one's worth a damn for us.

Their OL stinks outside of Trent Williams and we aren't acquiring him.

Niners need a WR like Hill or Waddle more than we need any of their players.

San Fran's OL is what lost them this game. CMC needed maximum effort just to gain 4-5 yards per rush and Purdy didn't have a chance to complete anything down field without immense pressure in his face.

Andy Reid made that game simple for his offense and Chis Jones did to Purdy what he did to Josh Average kept him off balance for his biggest pass of the game. Even tony meat lover Romo had to recognize it. The chief are pime example that games are won by coaching and planning because they had less talent on the field and won the game.

Not close, any team that woke up this morning and thought, "were close" didn't watch the game yesterday.

This Chiefs team had the worst skill position players of any Superbowl champion and Mahomes willed them to a Super Bowl victory. We're all screwed. This guy is so far ahead of every other NFL QB currently playing its laughable.

Maybe next year they make the Chiefs play with 10 players on offense, that might give everyone else a chance.
Ya and they will upgrade their WR's for next season.

Great post, OP. Really agree with this.

My biggest takeaway is that Mahomes is on another level at quarterback. He was the difference in a close game. I marvel at his run choices. He just has that innate ability to know when to use his legs.

So, if he's the best how do you matchup? Maybe that's a separate thread since the road to the AFC clearly runs through KC.

Also, have to give props to KC's defense, which has been its strong suit all season.

He carried that team last night, he put them on his shoulders and dragged them to the finish line

Back
Top Bottom