**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times) | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Super Thread** Clowney/Tunsil Trade Rumor (merged too many times)

While Clowney is out of play . . . Have to wonder if adding a 2020 third aids the Texans pursuit of Tunsil?

Maybe Miami did not want to depend on a 2021 compensatory because of potential free agents adds that could offset it.

Don’t see how JC not available would prevent a Tunsil deal from happening.

I think the poster who commented way back on this thread got it right.

This was all about Florez helping out

his obnoxious, belligerent, ornery former associate by helping drive Clowney's price up.

All they have to do now is get O'brien to take Stills off our hands

as a polite thank you... quid pro quo ;)

Yeah let’s just keep the cornerstone LT that doesn’t grow on trees and call it a day.

Im with you, but I never considered Clowney as a major part of any Tunsil deal. Don’t see how him being out of play stops Houston from trying to obtain Tunsil. A 2020 third is more valuable than Clowney (and his current contract situation) and Houston just added that.

Nice to know your worth 3 very high draft picks when it comes time to negotiate your new contract

Not worth as much in trade as thought.

2 scrubs and a 3rd round pick is what they got for him from Seattle.

Im with you, but I never considered Clowney as a major part of any Tunsil deal. Don’t see how him being out of play stops Houston from trying to obtain Tunsil. A 2020 third is more valuable than Clowney, and Houston just added that.
They can try, but you need someone to pick up the phone on the other end. I’m not picking up the phone unless we’re getting a Herschel Walker-like package, and nothing else.

Im with you, but I never considered Clowney as a major part of any Tunsil deal. Don’t see how him being out of play stops Houston from trying to obtain Tunsil. A 2020 third is more valuable than Clowney (and his current contract situation) and Houston just added that.

I just look at it as if Miami is in on Tua, a lefty, and if you can get a 1, 2 and 3 in 2020 for Tunsil, who will likely become the highest paid OL in the NFL . . . It makes sense for an organization in our shoes.

Obviously that is a big projection, from Tua continuing to ascend and be healthy, to Miami having the first pick . . . .but if reports are correct that Houston was leaning to giving into Miami's demands if Clowney signed his tender, I wouldn’t rule out a deal still being explored. If anything, I think a third aids the deal, where Miami gets a sure pick and doesn’t dish out $16 million for a rental.

Good deal for Seattle

I would have accepted the same deal, as if he left in FA we would get the 3rd back as a comp pick.

Problem with him is I would be fearful of paying him a guaranteed contract to keep him.

I would have accepted the same deal, as if he left in FA we would get the 3rd back as a comp pick.

Problem with him is I would be fearful of paying him a guaranteed contract to keep him.

Yea the comp pick was not guaranteed and it would be in 2021. Like if Miami signs Joe Thuney in the offseason, Clowney gives you nothing in return.

Back
Top Bottom