*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

I think one thing is for certain, this design and plan completely blows away what Wayne Huizenga did in 2005 . . . so for that, I have to give Ross a lot of credit. He's been shot down several times and the Marlins fiasco did him no favors, but he stuck to his guns and he's getting SunLife the love it sorely needs.

In a ideal situation, it would of been great to just have a new stadium built from the ground up . . . . however there are just so many issues with trying to do that (location, money, voting, etc.), this was the only "logical" route to go and if it turns out anything like the designs I say job well done.

I think the one concern for everybody is the roof and just how effective it is going to be from a lot of aspects. Will it shade the crowd yet give us the heat advantage? Will it be efficient against rain? Only time will tell.

The roof is for the crowd. As already stated, it will cover 92% of the fans. Garfinkel spoke in the presser about the team doing sun studies to determine the best method for a canopy. If you notice the images in the video, the field has the sun shining on it at all times with just a tiny part of the stands in the sun as well.

That leads me to believe the humidity is still a factor for the players.

Just having the fans closer to the field will make it louder, add the canopy will make it one of the louder stadiums in the league

It makes me think of that 1981 Monday Night game when they stopped the game several times because the Miami crowd was too loud for poor little Ron Jaworski.

Who the hell cares what it looks like from the outside?

Who cares what it looks like on the inside?

When I go to the games I tailgate, walk to my seat, watch the game, leave. I'm there for football, not to check and see if the grout lines on the bathroom tiles are straight. People get too emotional over comparing the stadium to other venues.

They gave the citrus bowl open concourses where you can see the field from concessions by gutting the entire lower half of the stadium and replacing it. With Joe Robbie, I think the fact the club level is built right on top of the lower level keeps them from doing something as drastic.

The roof will be nice though. Hopefully the concessions too.

It is NOT A ROOF!! It's only a canopy over the seats. The field is exposed to the elements!!

Drove by today on the way to the Heat game. I was driving so I couldn’t take a picture. .....but one whole corner of the stadium was completely gone. It looked so strange.

Some of the latest work

B838DujCAAEdrdE-1.jpg

B838DuiCMAArW_X-1.jpg

B838DumCIAACxJu-1.jpg

B838DuiCcAAxZZ5-1.jpg

B838Z6vCQAA1ikO-1.jpg

B838Z8rCUAAwpkj-1.jpg

B838Z7bCEAA9WiC-1.jpg

B838Z6pCUAEPFdY-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom