Superbowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Superbowl

NE got lucky a lot of times last year in a number of close games. I.E. Miami X2, Indy, Houston....if those are 4 losses, Miami wins the East and NE doesn't make the playoffs.

CirclingWagons said:
1st Dolphin-Patriots game: Patriots team was more decimated my injuries at that point than any other point in the year. Dolphins had 2 easy shots at the win, missed, and Pats took advantage and won.

2nd game: you scored 0 points...0 points...0 points. Last time I checked that will NEVER get you a win.

Patriots are beatable, but no team in our division is complete enough to stop them. Our division is damn good, but not enough to stop them.

my SB pick as of NOW: New England vs. Washington

I didn't play in the second game. The Dolphins had chances to score points. They didn't take advantage of ANY of them.

At this point you don't know that. Anything now is just speculation and heresay.

NLude33 said:
NE got lucky a lot of times last year in a number of close games. I.E. Miami X2, Indy, Houston....if those are 4 losses, Miami wins the East and NE doesn't make the playoffs.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Buffalo had a 4 game losing stretch where we lost all those games by a combined total of 11 points:

Cowboys 10, Bills 6
Texans 12, Bills 10
Colts 17, Bills 14
Titans 28, Bills 26

If we had an inkling of offense we'd be 10-6...but guess what, we went 6-10!

if this, if that...New England was better.

PS. New England didn't get lucky in the 2nd Miami meeting(or the first)--the Dolphin offense was scoreles, that's not lucky.

NE is a good, but not great team. The parity in the NFL should be enough to convince anyone that all teams have a chance and quite a few have a good chance.

To those who think NE can't be stopped, I suggest looking at 2002. Same coaching staff, same core group of players, 9-7.

The difference between 9-7 teams and 14-2 teams is smaller than it has ever been. NE deserves to be the favorite, but not the prohibitive favorite.

CirclingWagons said:

Buffalo had a 4 game losing stretch where we lost all those games by a combined total of 11 points:

Cowboys 10, Bills 6
Texans 12, Bills 10
Colts 17, Bills 14
Titans 28, Bills 26

PS. New England didn't get lucky in the 2nd Miami meeting(or the first)--the Dolphin offense was scoreles, that's not lucky.

there you go, you are proving our point. There a million ifs in the NFL. Even more next year.

CirclingWagons said:

Cowboys 10, Bills 6
Texans 12, Bills 10
Colts 17, Bills 14
Titans 28, Bills 26

Olindo Mare misses two field goals at the end of the game, and NE has a 80 yard bomb to win.

Indy gets stopped 1 inch from the goal line at NE squecks by.

Houston kicker misses two field goals to win, and AV makes finally makes the winner.

NE had almost zero offense in the second Miami game, but they kicked a field goal on a TO, and Brusky caught a Fiedler buller (can't believe I just wrote that) 10 feet away to score.

Those are pretty lucky plays in four games, the team that gets the lucky breaks win the super bowl, and the teams that don't end up 6-10.

So what I am saying is that NE and you can add Baltimore, and NE 2002 to the list, are not overpowering teams, that get the breaks. St Louis 2001 was over powering.....Dallas in the 90's.....San Fran in the 80's as well.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
there you go, you are proving our point. There a million ifs in the NFL. Even more next year.
fair enough, I still think the only one that will matter is "if brady gets injured."

Let's not forget NE didn't beat a bunch of crappy teams last year. They beat just about every good team in the NFL last year. Here are some they beat:

1. Eagles
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Colts(twice)
5. Titans
6. Broncos

they beat the best, only good team they didnt face was KC.

NLude33 said:
Olindo Mare misses two field goals at the end of the game, and NE has a 80 yard bomb to win.

Indy gets stopped 1 inch from the goal line at NE squecks by.

Houston kicker misses two field goals to win, and AV makes finally makes the winner.

NE had almost zero offense in the second Miami game, but they kicked a field goal on a TO, and Brusky caught a Fiedler buller (can't believe I just wrote that) 10 feet away to score.

Those are pretty lucky plays in four games, the team that gets the lucky breaks win the super bowl, and the teams that don't end up 6-10.

So what I am saying is that NE and you can add Baltimore, and NE 2002 to the list, are not overpowering teams, that get the breaks. St Louis 2001 was over powering.....Dallas in the 90's.....San Fran in the 80's as well.
Jamal Lewis/anthony wright don't fumble the ball in OT..they go on to win on that drive.
Washington doesnt fumble the punt return, drives 30-40 yards and john hall kicks the game winner

works both ways :goof:

CirclingWagons said:

In other words, if you weren't so bad, you'd be good?

Now that's deep......

FinfanInBuffalo said:
In other words, if you weren't so bad, you'd be good?

Now that's deep......
no, just not making excuses like dolfans do...we were 6-10...But if this, if that, no, we were 6-10, didnt get it done. "if mare makes it, if wade smith blocks..."..no, fins didnt get the job done, let's move on and dispense with the ifs.

CirclingWagons said:
no, just not making excuses like dolfans do...we were 6-10...But if this, if that, no, we were 6-10, didnt get it done. "if mare makes it, if wade smith blocks..."..no, fins didnt get the job done, let's move on and dispense with the ifs.

how about moving on to new ifs. Which there are millions next season. Something that makes each season so exciting. Before the salary cap people would be surprised that the cowboys made the playoffs while the Buccaneers missed the playoffs. No one would of guessed that.

CirclingWagons said:
1st Dolphin-Patriots game: Patriots team was more decimated my injuries at that point than any other point in the year. Dolphins had 2 easy shots at the win, missed, and Pats took advantage and won.

2nd game: you scored 0 points...0 points...0 points. Last time I checked that will NEVER get you a win.

Patriots are beatable, but no team in our division is complete enough to stop them. Our division is damn good, but not enough to stop them.

my SB pick as of NOW: New England vs. Washington

Yes they are beatable if our players exicute. Mare hits the fg we win. the second game was horrific and somewhere somehow we need to learn how to play in the snow better. Even if it means we draft all our players from greenland! LMAO!

CirclingWagons said:

You've repeatedly used coaching as the team's excuse.

Back
Top Bottom