Supplemental Draft Players? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplemental Draft Players?

Sorry, left out against there

Forgot the big word against there.

Anyway, Saban should take advantage of his knowledge of players. It should especially pay of in the next couple of drafts.

Lee2000

Wright wouldn't really replace Bowens. The plan would be to have him as a one-gap penetrating DT now and in the future a 3-4 DE.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Man I hope we get Manuel Wright.

That would be awesome.

What rd pick will he cost us? I hope it's no more than a mid-late rd pick.
This really makes me mad that Saban passed on Anttaj Hawthorne. He lasted all the way to the 6th rd. Anthony Bryant also could've been a great pick up to play NT in a 3-4.

Finz Fury said:
This really makes me mad that Saban passed on Anttaj Hawthorne. He lasted all the way to the 6th rd. Anthony Bryant also could've been a great pick up to play NT in a 3-4.

whateverround we use in teh supplemental draft, that pick gets taken away next year

Finz Fury said:
hopefully a fourth... probably a third though.

WiscPhins Fan said:
It will be held July 10th.

Notable players are.

USC DT Manuel Wright. 6'6 290.

Roscoe Crosby WR out of Clemson

Kentuckey MLB Chad Johnson.

I read in a different thread that Wright was 322lbs. Is he really only 290lb? Sitting out for academic problems and waving a pellet gun??? Tell me again why some of you feel we should draft him? I'm not complaining, I just don't know much about the guy and wonder what it is that makes him so valuable.

RonnieExpress said:
Why weren't these guys in the regular draft? What gives?

Dont know about the other players, but Wright had intended to play another year for USC at the time the regular draft was held. But, it seems he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed and was unable to keep his grades up enough to be eligable to play.....so he declared for the supplemental draft.

Sometimes players arent eligable for the regular draft because of the "2 years out of high school" rule and enter the supplemental draft instead of staying in college another year. Don't know if this is the case with any of this year's supplemental guys.

Finz Fury said:

While Wright had trouble keeping his grades up, his lack of mental prowress is nothing compared to the diminished capacity of Anttaj Hawthorne. This guy chose to smoke marijuana just before the combine where he KNEW he would be tested. Millions of dollars in salary, and possibly even his entire career was on the line and he either didnt care, or was just too dumb to recognize what the consequences would be. Either way...it made him a huge gamble and his freefall in the draft was the result.

Boik14 said:
Top Paragraph has more info on crosby if anyone is interested: http://www.gbnreport.com/nextlevelreports.html

From the article you cited:

ROSCOE CROSBY (#25), ...... ran between 4.48 and 4.52 in the 40... 36-38" vertical... has been timed in the 4.45 range in recent weeks... while also doing 20-22 reps of 225 pounds... currently weighs 6017,214 pounds

Damn, Crosby is pretty fast for a big guy ! :lol:

Finz Fury said:
I read in a different thread that Wright was 322lbs. Is he really only 290lb? Sitting out for academic problems and waving a pellet gun??? Tell me again why some of you feel we should draft him? I'm not complaining, I just don't know much about the guy and wonder what it is that makes him so valuable.
I do not know much about him either. I know a lot of the posters here probably heard he was rated as a 2 or 3rd round pick and since we are short at DT, figured it is a match made in heaven. I do not know enough about him to judge one way or the other. I know Saban will do his research and if we go after him, it will be because he is worth while.

Our UDFA class was very good and deep.... I doubt we go after anyone in the SD.... According to Saban the players we have have not been fully evaluated.... We are all going to get tired of hearing the word "process" but we will have to live with it.. patience

Back
Top Bottom