Supplemental Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplemental Draft

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
I know there have been a number of threads on this board about drafting Manual Wright DT, USC with somewhere between a 2nd to 4th round pick. Is there anyone else available in the supplemental draft that could help us or that we are (could be) targeting? Also, is our position in this draft still #2 overall, or is it kind of like basketball with the lottery? I'm not exactly sure how this works. :confused: Does anyone have details on the mechanics of the NFL Supplemental Draft?

Dolphins | Expected to Attend Pearson Workout
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:09:47 -0700

Tyler Nelson, of the Daily Mississippian, reports NFL supplemental draft candidate RB Vashon Pearson of Mississippi expects the Miami Dolphins to attend his workout July 11.

Also, I think it works like this:

Every team that wants a player will put in a pick on him without knowing what pick anyone else will put in and if they have the highest round and pick they win the player and give up that pick for next year.

Ex: If us, the colts, and the eagles all put in a 3rd for Wright, we would win him because we had the higest postion in the last draft. But if the 49ers also put in a 3rd then they would win assuming no one puts in anything higher than their pick.

KGUNBILLS said:
Dolphins | Expected to Attend Pearson Workout
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:09:47 -0700

Tyler Nelson, of the Daily Mississippian, reports NFL supplemental draft candidate RB Vashon Pearson of Mississippi expects the Miami Dolphins to attend his workout July 11.

huh?

JTaylor99 said:
Also, I think it works like this:

Every team that wants a player will put in a pick on him without knowing what pick anyone else will put in and if they have the highest round and pick they win the player and give up that pick for next year.

Ex: If us, the colts, and the eagles all put in a 3rd for Wright, we would win him because we had the higest postion in the last draft. But if the 49ers also put in a 3rd then they would win assuming no one puts in anything higher than their pick.

:yeahthat:

Bowl_Bound said:
What is confusing about that?? We desperately need a quality back :rolleyes:

I was shocked to hear that! Figure we just drafted Ronnie at #2, Ricky is coming back, Gordon is a promising #2 RB, Minor is a proven #2 back also, same with Morris and we signed Harris as a UFA and we are looking at a guy for a possible supplimental draft pick?

If we use a supp pick on a RB, I would be deathly shocked. Unless Saban thinks this guy is the next Barry Sanders, I would be shocked if we actually used a pick on a RB.

Wow you can never have enough good RBs I guess. I wonder how Ronnie Brown will handle having to share time in Miami and maybe get paid a little less based on that when he knows that he could eventually go to another team and be featured the way Ricky Williams was for us.

JTaylor99 said:
Roscoe Crosby WR, Clemson

Yeah the more weapons the marrier, but I prefer Manny but if he is taken,lets get Cosby.

Back
Top Bottom