supreme court denies to accept Maurice Clarett's NFL Draft Apeal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

supreme court denies to accept Maurice Clarett's NFL Draft Apeal

I just wrote a huge research paper on this and turned in the rough draft today. After Clarett's initial rulling was overturned by the appeals court, Clarett's lawers submited a request for an writ of certiorari, asking the Supreme Court to review a decision from a lower court. They just denied that.

It's not particuarly about Clarett, it is about if the NFL draft elibibility rule violates antitrust laws and such.

I never thought that 11 pages of hell would have come in handy. Looks like I am going to have to update it before the final draft is due.

saves said:
I just wrote a huge research paper on this and turned in the rough draft today. After Clarett's initial rulling was overturned by the appeals court, Clarett's lawers submited a request for an writ of certiorari, asking the Supreme Court to review a decision from a lower court. They just denied that.

It's not particuarly about Clarett, it is about if the NFL draft elibibility rule violates antitrust laws and such.

I never thought that 11 pages of hell would have come in handy. Looks like I am going to have to update it before the final draft is due.

11pages:eek: .....at least the paper gets to be about football though....

you guys will prolly argue with me, but I wish that young players should be able to play in the NFL.
I mean, If someone in college was 10x better than half the players in the NFL, but they were 2 young.......idk.....they could wait a few years, but my view on it, is that the best players should be in the NFL, regardless of the age.
go ahead and knock me for that, you'll prolly be right.:D

NOTE: I'm not saying that Clarett was 10x better then players in the NFL.:D

Doktor Ivel said:

you guys will prolly argue with me, but I wish that young players should be able to play in the NFL.
I mean, If someone in college was 10x better than half the players in the NFL, but they were 2 young.......idk.....they could wait a few years, but my view on it, is that the best players should be in the NFL, regardless of the age.

Yea it's the longest paper I've wrote, but I got to pick the topic and the legal aspects of the argument relates to my major so it made it easier.

Well my main arugment against that was that younger players are not physically or mentally ready to play in the NFL. It's just too complex and too demanding for a youngster. Most players don't break out until being in the leauge a year or two because they are still atempting to adapt to the pace of the game. I interviewed some BG football players and they seemed to support that idea pretty well. Theres also a liability issue involved. When Korey Stringer died, his family sued based on that it was unsutable conditions to practice in. Lets say a 18 year old makes a team and gets put in at RB in some mop up duty, and get seriously hurt or perhaps even killed. His parents could easily sure the team because they should have known his body was not physically developed to be placed in that situation. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but its completely possible. I personally determined that the 3 years removed from high school remains the most fair and sensible option.

Doktor Ivel said:
i'm not stupid enough to post thisa from 1 year ago....it was on sportcenter today.....
its so future youngins could try to play in the NFL...

i'll be the judge of that! :lol: Wheres marino? :eek: speaking of our future 5 th round pick Maurice clarett. :deadhorse By the way how did people used to communicate with out all those little circle people. I wonder? :confused:

Doktor Ivel said:

No way let them in early. The nba Pizzess me off allowing high school kids in. They should make them do at least 2 years of college. Football is a different animal. 99.9 percent need college to mature and get stronger mentally and physically before attempting the pros. Plus they need there education as many of them will not make it into the pro's. I like the system as it is. If it aint broke don't fix it. :fire:

:roflmao: @ those who started knocking the dude without knowing their facts.

Clarett is just a little kid who doesn't like to be told no.

Doktor Ivel said:

I think that there's too much of a broad physicial requisition as well as some mental endurance needed to play in the NFL. At 18 years old, the body is not always physically developed and I don't think the NFL would give enough leverage for the body to develop properly. Just in my eyes, it would be too much of a risk.

I would keep my ears open, however, to some type of system where after two years of collegiate level football, a player could apply for consideration into the draft. I think that if a player has indeed developed by this age, then that extra year would work a lot in their favor. We all know how the years go by in the NFL.

Holla.

Yep, always read the full thread before you say it is old news....:roflmao:

I am sorry i would just stay free and clear from Clarett...his 40 yard times indicate he has fallen off, he may or may not be a head case, but why take the chance...we can do much better than Maurice Clarett....I wouldn't even waste a 7th rounder on this turkey.

Doktor Ivel said:

doesn't hurt to earn a college education. highschool kids don't have the body to play in the NFL. only 1 or 2 players a year would be drafted anyway. OL and DLmen going into college can be undersized by about 50 lbs. or more. only certain phenoms would make it into the draft, and still they haven't had to deal with a certain level of competition on par with even college yet, so taking a chance on them to play in the NFL would be a huge risk. i certainly wouldn't want to draft a highschool kid. unproven more than the likes of adrian mcpherson and maurice clarett.

saves said:
Lets say a 18 year old makes a team and gets put in at RB in some mop up duty, and get seriously hurt or perhaps even killed. His parents could easily sure the team because they should have known his body was not physically developed to be placed in that situation. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but its completely possible. I personally determined that the 3 years removed from high school remains the most fair and sensible option.

no i wouldn't doubt it for a second. people are always looking for someone else to blame.

HysterikiLL said:
:roflmao: @ those who started knocking the dude without knowing their facts.

have you read doctorivel's posts before? i wouldn't put it past the lad.

bakedmatt said:
have you read doctorivel's posts before? i wouldn't put it past the lad.

:roflmao: You have a point but that dude was straight up "I heard Windows XP is coming out soon". Owned himself.:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom