Suprised by results of this poll on off. site | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suprised by results of this poll on off. site

But Archie played on some horrible teams in NO. Many feel he would have been a Hall of Famer had he played on a decent team.

Archie Manning will go down though as one of the best college quarterbacks of all time, possibly THE best.

I would vote for the Mannings as well. Peyton's the best current QB of that bunch and Archie was a very good QB on a terrible NO team.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Archie Manning will go down though as one of the best college quarterbacks of all time, possibly THE best.

Ah no CK. I remember as a 9 nine year old kid watching a couple of Archie's games on tv. He was good, but he was not as good as Jim Plunkett. Archie also did not have real good stats at Mississippi. I believe he threw more interceptions than touchdowns. In actuality Archie in college was very similar to Michael Vick. Also, Archie may not have been the best quarterback in the SEC when he was there. Bert Jones was at LSU(a sophmore during Archie's senior year), Scott Hunter at Alabama was very good also, and John Reeves was outstanding at Florida.

I like how Chris Simms is on there. Boy hasn't even logged a real NFL practice yet.

I am surprised....especially with all the Brian supporters who want him to start.

Originally posted by t2thejz
Plus Peyton Manning is the best qb on that list
:down: NOT ! Griese is by far the best QB on that list having led his team to 3 straight SBs (sort of) and won 2; and of course and most importantly gotten elected to the HOF. Griese was far betterat his position - which included calling plays - than Manning has been at his IMO

IMO Archie was a better QB than Bob Griese..Too bad he never got the chance to play in a real team.

Archie and Peyton is by far father son combo ...

Peyton Manning >> Brian Griese

Last edited by a moderator:
Until Peyton wins something I'd go with Griese. Of course, by that sentiment I can no longer think Marino was the best ever. Of course I still do though.

Back
Top Bottom