Sure Fire Fix For The Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sure Fire Fix For The Offense

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Most mocks that I'm seeing have 4 QBs going in the top 10. I've stated that we should get a QB in round 1 for many reasons. If the QB we like is gone I would love to see the FO get as serious about the offense as they were about the defense last year. We can turn this around and turn a weakness into a strength.

Rond 1-Q. Nelson, G, Notre Dame. Finally, a hulking killer at LG, right next to Tunsil. The left side would would be a force. Forget finesse, let's knock people on their *****!
Round 2-C/G Billy Price, Ohio State- I was begging for Pat Elflien last year but for some reason the FO thought they could win with journey men on the 0-line. That didn;t work out at all. This kid is a plug and play RG and Pouncey's replacement when he's finally finished, with that hip, it could happen any time.
Round 3- TE-T. Fumagalli, Wis- We need a TE who can move the chains, be a safety blanket for RT, block and be a legit seam threat. I love watching this kid play. I see a Whitten kind of athlete who catches literally everything thrown in his direction. In my book, this is a big piece of what the offense lacked last season. The question is, will he be gone, I hope not, watch the Pats draft the kid!!!!!!!!!!!
Round 4-N. Chubb-RB, Georgia-a great steal in the 4th imo. This kid is a perfect complimentary back to pair with Drake.
Round 5-D Goedert-TE, S. Dakota St.-That's right!!!, double up on TE, that's how important the position is, just ask the Pats. 2 star rookie TEs inserted into this line up will be a game changer. We can do all kinds of 2 TE sets etc
In 6 and 7 get a QB, maybe Jake Browning, he had a big career and finished 6th in the Heisman voting. Maybe Gase could groom this kid into a quality back up or who knows.
There's a kid on UCLA, LBer Kenny Young, he's a good player on a crummy defense, he has leadership qualities.

So how does all this better our offense? I'm glad you asked.

QB-R Tannehill/ J Browing
RB-Drake, Chubb, Williams
WR-Landry, Stills, Parker
TE-T Fumagalli, D Goedert, Fasano
LT-Tunsil
LG-Q. Nelson
C-Pouncey
RG-B. Price
RT-J. James or J. Davis

The improvments on the o-line and TE will make this an offense that is tough to stop on the ground. That means we come out in the 1st quarter and assert dominance from the beginning. We power it with Drake and Chubb and then it's play action time! This team is starving for talent on the o-line and TE. I believe that a draft something like this turns those weaknesses into a strength. I'd trade all our picks for Fumagelli, Nelson and Price, these 3 guys make us a much more potent offense, exciting to watch and hard to stop.

The D is pretty stacked with young talent and some real quality young talent coming back from injury. Let's stock the offense the same way and at the same time, keep RT healthy. Our Coach has mad skills on the offensive side of things. Let's build a potent offense for him. Then let's see how he does as a play caller. I suspect he'll kick **!

Last edited:
Luckily the qb is getting upgraded.

That's too high for Nelson too, He's not as good as DeCastro was and he fell to 24th..OG don't get drafted like that..Also Davis played great at LG..That needs to be his position for the future.

I would argue that Davis was our best lineman at the end of the season. I think whether we go after one or two lineman in the draft will come down to what the team decides with Pouncey. The staff, especially Gase, seems to really like Pouncey so I doubt anything happens with him. I also doubt the team goes G round one unless an option James and Smith are gone and Nelson is still there. The second round seems more likely a place to address the guard position and Price or Mason Cole could be good options.

I agree about Davis buy I think he'll end up replacing James at RT. Man, they say Nelson is ahead of what Martin was at ND. The main point is let's identify weaknesses and fix them the right way, hopefully for good. Price could help this team and have you seem Troy Fumagalli?

I’m down but I’ll be shocked if Price is on the board when Miami picks and even more shocked if Geodert is still around in the 5th. But conceptually I agree.

Reactions: BSQ
I'd like to see LB, DE, TE, RB, and S (no order) with the first five picks in the first four rounds.

The OL improved quite a bit down the stretch last season. I'm good with adding a couple of mid tier vets and hoping for progression. Fix the defense. Teams with **** offenses and elite defenses are still playing.

I agree about Davis buy I think he'll end up replacing James at RT. Man, they say Nelson is ahead of what Martin was at ND. The main point is let's identify weaknesses and fix them the right way, hopefully for good. Price could help this team and have you seem Troy Fumagalli?

None of the TE's in the draft really excite me...they all seem like the same average athlete. With that said, I think Miami looks hard at one in the 3rd or 4th depending on value and what is available. We were foolish to pass on a TE in last years draft...Njoku would have been great in this offense and more of an impact player then Harris has been...anyways, in the past.

I like the ambition of fixing the o-line. Only problem I have is that we need a top-end linebacker with coverage skills and you usually have to find those guys in the top 3 rounds.

Two other TE prospects I like are Mike Gesicki out of Penn State and Hayden Hurst from South Carolina. Gesicki might be one of the best overall athletes in this draft. He'll need some tough coaching to realize his potential, but I fully expect him to kill the Combine. Hayden Hurst is also a big, strong kid. He's had a lot of good blocking reps playing for the Game****s, but he's also a dangerous weapon in-line and split out.

The defense still needs help, and although that would improve the offense, I can’t see a draft like that.

I could see ONE ol maybe (based on what we know from this FO) and thats still a big maybe with the young bodies they have there.

I lean more to improving the defense while taking maybe 2-3 offensive platers- depending who is there obviously.

That draft would do a lot for the offense. I really expect Miami to go defense with that first pick, but if Barkley or Guice are there that might be hard for the team to pass up.

I like the O line getting some help, but I have to go with stud on D if there is a guy rated in same tier. I thought the Oline played decent down the stretch...see what happens with James at RT, but I think a DE, LB or FS upgrade in the first would be the bigger impact.

Back
Top Bottom