Sure...I'll do a mock draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sure...I'll do a mock draft.

Mudder1310

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Patience please, this is a first effort. I'm going to draft the way I'd pick as GM, not as predicted by the talking heads. Of course, input (good or bad) is expected.

There are no trades, just pick for pick. I think it addresses most all our needs except a starting QB, which we wouldn't get anyway. Flame away!

1. Keuchley ILB
2. Chandler Jones DE
3a. Ryan Broyles WR
3b. Marvin Jones WR
4. Mitchell Schwartz OT
5. Ryan Lindley QB
6. Winston Guy SS
7. Jaymes Brooks OG

I do not know if I would pick WRs back-to-back, but I can live with it. If you are going to take a shot at a QB in the 5th, I would rather take BJ Coleman. I love the Winston Guy pick. I agree that if you are going with the BPA in the front of the draft that Kuechly is the pick. Adding Chandler Jones opposite Wake at DE will improve the pass rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That cat in your avatar had the same reaction I did to your draft!

(Just Kidding!)

I think Lindley or Coleman are good value at that spot. I went with Lindley because he ran a prostyle offense, but Coleman has better footwork. Very similar in many respects. I don't know that either is starter material, but they both have things that are hard to teach, like arm strength and size.

This is a pretty deep draft and there's talent in every round. I used Draftek as a general guide as to who might be available when we pick.

I like your pick of Winston Guy. I am not sure whether Broyles has re-cooperated from his injury or will ever be what he was at Oklahoma, but I wish the best for the kid. I like Keuchly.....all of our needs are addressed. I watched Lindley play in person last year against Air Force. He moves really well and throws pretty well on the run, but he just needs to develop a little more consistency. I think he could be a late round steal or maybe an undrafted free agent.

Nice job Rookie. :up:

Back
Top Bottom