Surprise Starters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprise Starters

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As we wait for training camp to unfold I thought it would be fun to see who really knows the Dolphins and the roster potential the best. Everyone should pick one guy who they think is going to be a new surprise starter for the Dolphins when the season begins. Last year we had Ogun and Nails as the suprise starters. Did anyone see that coming?

Here's my pick:

McKinny at Center. Can't say why, other than it is a feeling I have.

Arturo Freeman starting. Watch, that boy is gonna come out with some fire.. :yes:

Would Thompson be considered a surprise across from Chambers?

That's who I've got pencilled in, over there...

No surprises. If anything is semi-surprising to some, it could be Thompson at WR, but I don't consider that a huge surprise.

No one has mentioned Eddie Moore beating out Morlon Greenwood at LB? I can see that happening. Anyone else?

Originally posted by baron
No one has mentioned Eddie Moore beating out Morlon Greenwood at LB? I can see that happening. Anyone else?

I'd like to see that... although it probably won't start the season that way... perhaps after 5-6 games though...

Originally posted by Predaphin34

thats what im hoping for.

I hope not. Wouldn't be good for the 33-yr old past to beat out 27-yr old our future. Especially when the past wants to be a backup.

Regardless, I dont' see it happening without injury. Chester is very good.

I think Moore could start but is not a surprise to me. Seth will not start at center over Ruddy this year cos they need the veteran in there to make the line calls, specially if Nails isn't ready early on. I think that Tolver could play more than some people think.And last but not least, Watch out for Lee at TE.I almost forgot, Whitley could push Perry but not early on, maybe later on.

Ozzy rules!!

McKinney at Center. Not too much of a suprise.
Bell at CB would be a suprise. Wanny loves this guy.

Originally posted by Danny
I think Moore could start but is not a surprise to me. Seth will not start at center over Ruddy this year cos they need the veteran in there to make the line calls, specially if Nails isn't ready early on. I think that Tolver could play more than some people think.And last but not least, Watch out for Lee at TE.I almost forgot, Whitley could push Perry but not early on, maybe later on.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree I think Tolver and Chambers would be insane. I guess we need one of the two starters to be a possesion reciever. But even wannstedt said in his interview on Sun-Sentinel that Tolver is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom