Surtain Trade Makes A Db In Top 3 Picks Likely | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain Trade Makes A Db In Top 3 Picks Likely

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With the Surtain trade going through I think it's much more likely we draft a CB / FS with one of our top 3 picks. Hopfully we can make the trade back move and grab a couple first rounders. That would allow us to replace Surtain with a player like Rolle, Pac Man Jones, or one of the top Safties.

My guess:

CB Webster LSU at pick 46 overall.

He's projected to go around this slot, played for Saban, plays a position we need, and already understands our defensive scheme. * Rookie starter or quality Nickel DB.

He's also got the size that Saban could move him to free safety if he can't get the most out of Travares Tillman.

DOLFANMIKE said:
With the Surtain trade going through I think it's much more likely we draft a CB / FS with one of our top 3 picks. Hopfully we can make the trade back move and grab a couple first rounders. That would allow us to replace Surtain with a player like Rolle, Pac Man Jones, or one of the top Safties.

My guess:

CB Webster LSU at pick 46 overall.

He's projected to go around this slot, played for Saban, plays a position we need, and already understands our defensive scheme. * Rookie starter or quality Nickel DB.

Perhaps on Webster, but I thought we'd be drafting a FS even before this trade (on day one that is...)

If we deal with the Vikes, Thomas Davis will likely be a Fin at 18.
With the Skins, I wouldnt be shocked if it were a guy like Justin Miller at 25 or even Brodney Pool.

Dolfan1000 said:
If we deal with the Vikes, Thomas Davis will likely be a Fin at 18.
With the Skins, I wouldnt be shocked if it were a guy like Justin Miller at 25 or even Brodney Pool.

i totally agree these are picks that would turn out great

Although I have to say, If Clayton is there at 18, I would be TEMPTED to grab him, along with our RB at 7, and then take Bullocks in the 2nd, or Shazor later on- maybe 3rd if he makes it there.

I have a feeling we're not dealing if Smith is there, but we might deal the 46!

Back
Top Bottom